The King of Hate Forums

Random Thoughts 4.0

13 minutes ago, KingBunghole said:

http://ahdictionary.tumblr.com/post/149793486745/new-usage-note-shimmy-vs-shinny

Never even used the word "shinny." I always used the word "shimmy" to describe the climbing motions they're talking about. 

Does anyone also use the word "shimmy" to describe that motion in the Uncharted games, where you press your back against the wall and move your legs sideways back-and-forth on a small ledge to get to the other side? That's a pretty specific action, but if there's a better word to use, it's not occurring to me right now. If you were to write an FAQ on the game, you could just say "flatten your back against the wall and move along the ledge to the other side" or "edge along the wall," I guess, but a precise verb would be nice. 

Shimmying to me is moving laterally.  It fits what you're describing.

• Replies 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darksphere92

• KGhaleon

• sateler96

• MDCFAN101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i just watched Phil's Final Fantasy 15 video. Does Phil hate Final Fantasy or does he just not do much research when he makes these types of videos? "There's been a lot of drop off in quality

​First troll account, not even mad.

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, TheTruthCommission said:

Shimmying to me is moving laterally.  It fits what you're describing.

Certainly sounds like a nice, concise way to put it. That could encapsulate both the climbing version and the version where you edge along the wall, but I'm not sure if I would use it to describe just being out in the open and stepping sideways like a crab. The word that comes to mind there is just "side-stepping." "Strafing" also works, particularly in a gaming context.   

2 hours ago, SnapCrackle&Pop said:

Comes here.

Makes an account.

Makes a long post about the detractors...

Great post, but totally hypocritical. You're feeding the very thing you're denouncing.

Until people realize the main draw of DarkSydePhil is the hate around him and not his actual content, the quicker you'll stop losing your minds. 

When Phil decides to create a gray area between detractor and a fan, not just black and white. The drama will deteriorate. 

Heres the problem:

If you say you love DSP's content to the fullest. You're a dick rider.

If you say DSP is a scumbag: You're a detractor.

But heres the kicker:

I didn't like Phil's last playthrough I wish he would play this game: DETRACTOR

I loved Phils playthrough but there were alot of dead spot's, if he keeps the flow of commentary throughout the gameplay, it'll be great!: DETRACTOR

As long as theres no gray area when it comes to being or not being a fan, and Phil keeps responding to only the bullshit, he's going to keep feeding fans into the hate machine. Thats it. A million of these post can be posted and make perfect sense but until Phil reaches rock bottom and realizes how many bridges he's burnt just cause he can never be wrong. There will always be a detractor. Always.

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but certainly not today in 2016.

Plenty of people have criticized me legitimately and I'm still friendly with them. Hell, the VAST majority of my fans have had issue with things I've done over the years. Even people like the Aireaidlord have publicly made fun of me, or criticized decisions I've made. DasBoSchitt made a SERIES of videos making fun of me, but we're cool now that we've talked about stuff and he's put in tons of constructive criticism to help me improve as a content creator, and as a person. Hell, even ReviewTechUSA has had issues with me/made fun of me at times, but at the end of the day, we still have a mutual respect for each other as YouTubers.

The difference is, all of those people I referenced had my best interest in mind. They weren't there solely to deride me, tear me down and make me look bad AT WHATEVER COST to myself, my image or my business. They actually wanted to see me improve and/or think "outside the box" from my normal mindset or business manner. Sadly, most people who namedrop me DO NOT have this in mind. They just do so to "take a jab" and act like they're "the cool guys" who can make a negative reference about that YouTuber everyone knows! It's like making a Justin Bieber joke today: incredibly outdated, incredibly lame, and you can spot a no-talent hack when someone still makes one. TIHYDP may have been cool in 2012-2013, but today they're just lame, because I've changed TONS since they were popular.

It's only the immature, "I'm never wrong!" mindset of MANY people that forces them to see things as black and white. 

2 hours ago, SnapCrackle&Pop said:

Until people realize the main draw of DarkSydePhil is the hate around him and not his actual content, the quicker you'll stop losing your minds. 

Congrats, in one statement, you've proven you're incredibly immature, incredibly stupid, and a major part of the problem. YOU are the person you apparently hate most.

By the way, for the record, this guy is GiantEnemyShit and any number of clone accounts that have been banned over the last few months. He continuously returns with more, because he's an obsessed idiot. He even responds to his own posts with clone accounts to act like people agree with him. And he thinks I'm stupid and can't figure it out, lol.

• Upvote 5
4 hours ago, sateler96 said:

So I just read that Jurassic World's Budget alone without marketing will be $260 Million O.O i find that a little bit of a risk 

It did end up paying off since it made over a billion in the box office and was a pretty huge success 

19 minutes ago, Phil said:

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but certainly not today in 2016.

Plenty of people have criticized me legitimately and I'm still friendly with them. Hell, the VAST majority of my fans have had issue with things I've done over the years. Even people like the Aireaidlord have publicly made fun of me, or criticized decisions I've made. DasBoSchitt made a SERIES of videos making fun of me, but we're cool now that we've talked about stuff and he's put in tons of constructive criticism to help me improve as a content creator, and as a person. Hell, even ReviewTechUSA has had issues with me/made fun of me at times, but at the end of the day, we still have a mutual respect for each other as YouTubers.

The difference is, all of those people I referenced had my best interest in mind. They weren't there solely to deride me, tear me down and make me look bad AT WHATEVER COST to myself, my image or my business. They actually wanted to see me improve and/or think "outside the box" from my normal mindset or business manner. Sadly, most people who namedrop me DO NOT have this in mind. They just do so to "take a jab" and act like they're "the cool guys" who can make a negative reference about that YouTuber everyone knows! It's like making a Justin Bieber joke today: incredibly outdated, incredibly lame, and you can spot a no-talent hack when someone still makes one. TIHYDP may have been cool in 2012-2013, but today they're just lame, because I've changed TONS since they were popular.

It's only the immature, "I'm never wrong!" mindset of MANY people that forces them to see things as black and white. 

Congrats, in one statement, you've proven you're incredibly immature, incredibly stupid, and a major part of the problem. YOU are the person you apparently hate most.

By the way, for the record, this guy is GiantEnemyShit and any number of clone accounts that have been banned over the last few months. He continuously returns with more, because he's an obsessed idiot. He even responds to his own posts with clone accounts to act like people agree with him. And he thinks I'm stupid and can't figure it out, lol.

SMH

Eh at this point I dont care in the slightest. I rarely watch DSP videos aka Playthroughs Unless I see stuff on twitter about well rage. Then I might tune in. But majority of the time I just watch some one else I find much more interesting to watch. Does full playthroughs most of it is raw. If he is going to do some back tracking he will edit it out. The only stuff I watch now is the vlogs and maybe the reviews. I grew up so my taste has changed in commentary. I really liked DSP commentary back when I was 18. Now since I am 24 its kind of stale because just like music my tastes has changed. I use to really like Rap. Now I am more of a Electro Music person. Old DSP had alot of rage hence why I liked it. I think you get the point. 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Phil said:

I really appreciate your statement phil. It  has some valid points. It is important to answer criticism  and you have the gift of knowing what to say, and to be polite since you have worked with costumer support. To bad you don't use it, and don't take in to consideration how you look to others when making a reply. 

Edited by BrightSideViking
44 minutes ago, Phil said:

Oh my god, I can't stop laughing. That is... brilliant.

The purpose of that explain thread was simply bait. Great bait mate! No one fell for your beginners trap.

13,000th post in the thread, w00t!

Edited by RamboJ
  • Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, RamboJ said:

Oh my god, I can't stop laughing. That is... brilliant.

The purpose of that explain thread was simply bait. Great bait mate! No one fell for your beginners trap.

13,000th post in the thread, w00t!

I like how you're not even responding to me, you have to hide behind Phil. I also like how Phil wasn't even quoting me, he was talking about someone else and yet you still manage to make it about my thread again. You really are butt hurt aren't you? Haha. Maybe if you spent more time on your  responses and less on all these troll accouts you're making you'd make sense from time to time.

Edited by Michael
5 minutes ago, Ivor_Dehaney said:

Well, you'd have to ask @Michael about that sir.

This is a fan forum.

I have nothing to do with anything anti DSP related, anything I brought up recently was about certain people on the forums, not Phil himself. As for the troll posts and accounts, you'd be amazed by the wonders of the report button.

Edited by Michael
7 minutes ago, Michael said:

I have nothing to do with anything anti DSP related, anything I brought up recently was about certain people on the forums, not Phil himself. As for the troll posts and accounts, you'd be amazed by the wonders of the report button.

Well it seems you're VERY angry about those fans you named, what angers you so sir Michael? Very well you prefacing the post with "Phil's done nothing wrong", but from looking at some older posts, I have to question your motives here. Whereas I donate to Phil and enjoy his content much so sir.

6 minutes ago, Ivor_Dehaney said:

Well it seems you're VERY angry about those fans you named, what angers you so sir Michael? Very well you prefacing the post with "Phil's done nothing wrong", but from looking at some older posts, I have to question your motives here. Whereas I donate to Phil and enjoy his content much so sir.

Just because i'm not a fan of Phil, doesn't mean I hate on him. Any negativitiy I gave him was full on criticism from about 3-5 months ago or even longer. I shouldn't have to explain my anger towards the people on this forum, my last thread said everything.

Only proper negative response I gave him was that one in the Rules thread but I expected to be banned after that, however here I am. Maybe he didn't read it or maybe he didn't care, but at this point I don't care about him either hence the reason I don't visit any hate threads about him or normal threads about him.

Edited by Michael
Just now, Michael said:

Just because i'm not a fan of Phil, doesn't mean I hate on him. Any negativitiy I gave him was full on criticism from about 3-5 months ago or even longer. I shouldn't have to explain my anger towards the people on this forum, my last thread said everything.

I understood where u were coming from and felt the same thing as what I have seen on the forums. I hated it so much in fact I blocked the ones that kept doing it so I dont see it. Just so Toxic. But as soon as some one addresses the issue that is happening on the forums it apparently makes u seem like the bad guy. a detractor in some sorts. 

Just my thoughts on what has happened.