The King of Hate Forums

Random Thoughts 4.0

People complaining about #LAWind right now and I'm inside playing Puyo puyo Tetris.

Good luck outside people.

Oh, Mario kart 8 for the Switch is out. It's up on the Eshop now.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darksphere92

• KGhaleon

• sateler96

• MDCFAN101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i just watched Phil's Final Fantasy 15 video. Does Phil hate Final Fantasy or does he just not do much research when he makes these types of videos? "There's been a lot of drop off in quality

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

​First troll account, not even mad.

Posted Images

Got up early this morning so I could go with a friend and pickup some copies of Mario kart 8 at the mall. He sleeps in late and tells me we'll go down there at lunchtime. I contact him around lunch and he rushed off to work for a meeting and says he'll just grab a copy later today. Fuck.

Downloaded it off the eshop, it's pretty fun. Between this and Puyo puyo Tetris my Switch is going to be busy.

As a professional nitpicker, I'm obligated to continue noting some differences between MHA's manga and anime. This week:

- One of Kendo's (red-haired ponytail girl) lines was taken by Monoma's teammates in the anime. It's minor but it does subtract a little from establishing her character earlier on. Bad news for Kendo's fans.

- Bakugo's nicknames for his teammates. Sero was called "Soy Sauce Face" in the manga to describe a certain stereotypical Japanese face, but "Elbow Guy" also works. 

- Monoma's power was translated imprecisely in the dub. He can borrow up to 3 powers for up to 5 minutes, but he can only use one at a time. The dub says he can only borrow one at a time. They made a similar error with Dark Shadow (it's not a Green Lantern Quirk that can turn into any shape Tokoyami likes, but it seems able to materialize at any area of his body).

- Todoroki shivers and looks more surprised by the power of Deku's Quirk in the manga, you get more of the impression that his fire was some kind of instinctual self-defense.

- In the manga, Present Mic gets the hype going with a verbal countdown for the last 10 seconds of the battle and implores the audience to count along. In the anime, you instead get dialogue from the characters. It's not bad, but if they wanted character dialogue, couldn't they have still have done both? 

Good stuff:

- Dat soundtrack.

- Monoma-n mocking Bakugo's pledge to be number one. Too bad he didn't move on. 

- All three of the leading teams showed good tactical sense and the give-and-take was exciting and faithfully adapted from the manga. Deku taking advantage of Todoroki's left side restriction and using his Quirk carefully by slicing the air instead of making contact, Bakugo finally taking advantage of his teammates' Quirks for mobility, and Todoroki doing an insulator + shock + freeze combo. I especially enjoyed Bakugo's comeback but I wished they emphasized the reaction of his teammates more (in the manga, you can see Ashido and Sero's reactions to the comeback more clearly, showing that they've grown to respect him). 

- Tear geysers being so strong that Deku's knees cracked the ground beneath him. That's his true Quirk. 

Looking forward to Icyhot's backstory next episode. After weeks of action it's nice to slow down a bit. 

Edited by KingBunghole
2 hours ago, KingBunghole said:

As a professional nitpicker, I'm obligated to continue noting some differences between MHA's manga and anime. This week:

- One of Kendo's (red-haired ponytail girl) lines was taken by Monoma's teammates in the anime. It's minor but it does subtract a little from establishing her character earlier on. Bad news for Kendo's fans.

- Bakugo's nicknames for his teammates. Sero was called "Soy Sauce Face" in the manga to describe a certain stereotypical Japanese face, but "Elbow Guy" also works. 

- Monoma's power was translated imprecisely in the dub. He can borrow up to 3 powers for up to 5 minutes, but he can only use one at a time. The dub says he can only borrow one at a time. They made a similar error with Dark Shadow (it's not a Green Lantern Quirk that can turn into any shape Tokoyami likes, but it seems able to materialize at any area of his body).

- Todoroki shivers and looks more surprised by the power of Deku's Quirk in the manga, you get more of the impression that his fire was some kind of instinctual self-defense.

- In the manga, Present Mic gets the hype going with a verbal countdown for the last 10 seconds of the battle and implores the audience to count along. In the anime, you instead get dialogue from the characters. It's not bad, but if they wanted character dialogue, couldn't they have still have done both? 

Good stuff:

- Dat soundtrack.

- Monoma-n mocking Bakugo's pledge to be number one. Too bad he didn't move on. 

- All three of the leading teams showed good tactical sense and the give-and-take was exciting and faithfully adapted from the manga. Deku taking advantage of Todoroki's left side restriction and using his Quirk carefully by slicing the air instead of making contact, Bakugo finally taking advantage of his teammates' Quirks for mobility, and Todoroki doing an insulator + shock + freeze combo. I especially enjoyed Bakugo's comeback but I wished they emphasized the reaction of his teammates more (in the manga, you can see Ashido and Sero's reactions to the comeback more clearly, showing that they've grown to respect him). 

- Tear geysers being so strong that Deku's knees cracked the ground beneath him. That's his true Quirk. 

Looking forward to Icyhot's backstory next episode. After weeks of action it's nice to slow down a bit. 

I thought it was weird how Monomas power supposedly only let him copy one at a time though you could clearly see him using bakugos and his teammates power. Hopefully thats fixed in the bluray version but other than that i really liked the episode. This episode really made me respect bakugo a lot more since its clear he isn't the same like he was in season 1 since he's actually co operating with his teammates and isnt trying to solo everything. Can't wait to see what next weeks episode is gonna be like  

Edited by Noir
  • Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Noir said:

I thought it was weird how Monomas power supposedly only let him copy one at a time though you could clearly see him using bakugos and his teammates power. Hopefully thats fixed in the bluray version but other than that i really liked the episode. This episode really made me respect bakugo a lot more since its clear he isn't the same like he was in season 1 since he's actually co operating with his teammates and is trying to solo everything. Can't wait to see what next weeks episode is gonna be like  

He was more of a solo player at the start (stretching the rules a bit by blasting off on his own, which was technically allowed since he didn't hit the ground and was always grabbed back by Sero's tape), but the cavalry battle basically showed him that he couldn't keep up this attitude forever. His comeback was only possible because he thought of a way to combine his teammates' Quirks.  

Edited by KingBunghole

i just now finished his outlast 2 playthrough. it was pretty good but i wish he would have taken more time to explore. a lot of the things he had trouble with were only problems because he didn't explore as much as the game was expecting. he even missed some notes that provide pretty critical insight on the plot.

2 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

One piece always has some weird fing shit. Japan flips out over that show.

Sat down and played Statik tonight. If you have a PSVR, you have to play it. Damn this game is awesome...feels really satisfying everytime you solve a room.

Taking a break then jumping back in for the last three stages.

Edited by KGhaleon
4 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

If Phil is struggling to pay bills, maybe he should put this forum out of its misery. I mean this website costs him money to keep up, right?

Take it out back and shoot it.

i agree, but i will miss having a way to interact with phil fast. it also makes the patreon reward stuff much easier to claim.

Totally how a real fight would go.

1 hour ago, sateler96 said:

The Dark Tower Trailer #1 (2017) | Movieclips Tra…:

Sony: "Hey let's make another Underworld without calling it Underworld and ruin a Steven King book with hiring the Batman & Robin  writer"

"Death always wins."

#MatthewMcConEdgy

...I'll see myself out.