• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darksphere92

• KGhaleon

• sateler96

• MDCFAN101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i just watched Phil's Final Fantasy 15 video. Does Phil hate Final Fantasy or does he just not do much research when he makes these types of videos? "There's been a lot of drop off in quality

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

​First troll account, not even mad.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Hey, you're back.

Not for long XD

I pop in once in a while, haven't been able to keep track with what's been happening since last year.

So, what's going on in these neck of the woods?

Edited by BrickArts295
15 hours ago, BrickArts295 said:

Not for long XD

I pop in once in a while, haven't been able to keep track with what's been happening since last year.

So, what's going on in these neck of the woods?

Aside from the usual shenanigans nothing really lol 

On 5/4/2017 at 5:18 PM, Noir said:

Aside from the usual shenanigans nothing really lol 

Thoughts on MHA this week? 

Animation quality was more uneven than usual here. I heard that it was because another studio was doing the animating and they're saving the good stuff for action scenes and important character moments. I didn't mind too much. Just more stuff to touch-up for the blu-ray release. 

I noticed during Todoroki's backstory, they cut some of the comedic scenes in the manga and pasted them later in the episode. That might have been the right call to drive home the seriousness of the scene, but one could argue that Horikoshi was trying to achieve a stark contrast between the tragic story and the goofy antics of Mineta and Kaminari. 

So Endeavor is a shitty dad who's using his son to live his dream vicariously. I remember when I first read the manga, I didn't expect it to go dark with the "Quirk marriages" concept. Deku's reply, while somewhat standard, had more more impact in animated form. You can now see that each of his rivals is engineered to be a foil for him in a different way. Deku admires the ideal of All Might's selfless heroism (which happens to coincide with being number one) while Bakugo is more interested in the aspect of personal glory. Deku wants to repay the debt he owes to other people, while Todoroki is more of a lone wolf who wants to disavow his dad--he doesn't feel a debt but a burden.   

Happy to see the start of the 1v1. Ojiro feels like the prototypical normal-but-not-outstanding nice guy who no one can hate. I liked his spotlight here. Shinso for whatever reason took off with the fanbase as one of the most popular minor characters. Next week we'll be seeing why...

Edited by KingBunghole
7 hours ago, KingBunghole said:

Thoughts on MHA this week? 

Animation quality was more uneven than usual here. I heard that it was because another studio was doing the animating and they're saving the good stuff for action scenes and important character moments. I didn't mind too much. Just more stuff to touch-up for the blu-ray release. 

I noticed during Todoroki's backstory, they cut some of the comedic scenes in the manga and pasted them later in the episode. That might have been the right call to drive home the seriousness of the scene, but one could argue that Horikoshi was trying to achieve a stark contrast between the tragic story and the goofy antics of Mineta and Kaminari. 

So Endeavor is a shitty dad who's using his son to live his dream vicariously. I remember when I first read the manga, I didn't expect it to go dark with the "Quirk marriages" concept. Deku's reply, while somewhat standard, had more more impact in animated form. You can now see that each of his rivals is engineered to be a foil for him in a different way. Deku admires the ideal of All Might's selfless heroism (which happens to coincide with being number one) while Bakugo is more interested in the aspect of personal glory. Deku wants to repay the debt he owes to other people, while Todoroki is more of a lone wolf who wants to disavow his dad--he doesn't feel a debt but a burden.   

Happy to see the start of the 1v1. Ojiro feels like the prototypical normal-but-not-outstanding nice guy who no one can hate. I liked his spotlight here. Shinso for whatever reason took off with the fanbase as one of the most popular minor characters. Next week we'll be seeing why...

I thought it was really good, Todorokis reasons for refusing to use his left side makes alot more sense now since its only a grim reminder of his conception. There was alot of character development this episode surprisingly so i'm happy for this one. I'm on the edge of my seat for what next week is gonna be.

Heard Google recently came up with a router. So, when's world domination coming out?

5 hours ago, onorub said:

hmm.

There are a lot of comments that we shouldn't judge a pre-alpha, but if we shouldn't judge a pre-alpha at all, why release the video?

For a first impression, they did a bad job showing what's remarkable about this game. The player was bad and just kept repeating the same combo over and over, giving the impression that the combat is just as unremarkable-looking as the past games (they need better combat guys to be frank). The whip combat looks and sounds weak, there's no jazz to it.  

1 hour ago, Noir said:

I thought it was really good, Todorokis reasons for refusing to use his left side makes alot more sense now since its only a grim reminder of his conception. There was alot of character development this episode surprisingly so i'm happy for this one. I'm on the edge of my seat for what next week is gonna be.

I guess you could say... he's giving his dad the cold shoulder. 

1 hour ago, KingBunghole said:

Heard Google recently came up with a router. So, when's world domination coming out?

There are a lot of comments that we shouldn't judge a pre-alpha, but if we shouldn't judge a pre-alpha at all, why release the video?

For a first impression, they did a bad job showing what's remarkable about this game. The player was bad and just kept repeating the same combo over and over, giving the impression that the combat is just as unremarkable-looking as the past games (they need better combat guys to be frank). The whip combat looks and sounds weak, there's no jazz to it.  

I guess you could say... he's giving his dad the cold shoulder. 

Classic line lol Though I gotta admit that backstory about Todoroki was pretty depressing, especially how his mom would never look at him since it only reminded her of the suffering she went through

Dude, so many Catherine references in Persona. Ran into the MC back in Persona 4 in the bar, then there's the P5 dlc costumes and just now I saw a character at one of the arcades.

Edited by KGhaleon

Off the top of your head, which stories have interesting negative character development? That is, a main character that starts off relatively normal but gets more unlikable or depraved as the story goes on, with little hint of redemption. When authors take this approach, do most of them try to throw the reader a bone by not making them totally unlikable or at least somewhat understandable? Probably, but I haven't thought about it much. 

There's Walter White. There's Michael Corleone but his journey is more uneven. Light Yagami isn't so much a fascinating character study as a vehicle for amusing antics. The guy basically has no internal conflict, he has a god-complex, is laser-focused on his goal, and conveniently has all the necessary skills (manipulating people with charisma, great deductive skills, eluding the police, being a master hacker and great tennis player too!) to get the job done. 

Who else? 

16 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Dude, so many Catherine references in Persona. Ran into the MC back in Persona 4 in the bar, then there's the P5 dlc costumes and just now I saw a character at one of the arcades.

Catherine is more niche than it deserved to be.

Gamers: "We want more originality in gaming!"

*Catherine comes out*

Gamers: "It's okay. Too weird to be honest, and those puzzles are too esoteric."

3 hours ago, KingBunghole said:

Catherine is more niche than it deserved to be.

Gamers: "We want more originality in gaming!"

*Catherine comes out*

Gamers: "It's okay. Too weird to be honest, and those puzzles are too esoteric."

There are Catherine tournaments these days, several on youtube.

3 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

There are Catherine tournaments these days, several on youtube.

Didn't know competitive Catherine was a thing. Interesting.

Still, my previous statement still stands. Relatively speaking it's niche though it may have a dedicated following. 

Damn this forum is dead these days. Anyone played Prey? I just heard about this game and supposedly it's exactly like System shock. Is that true?

Oh snap, and Farpoint apparently came out today for PSVR.

Edited by KGhaleon