The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

1 minute ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Actually, Capt. Marvel and Spider-Man are coming out next year. The last MCU film for this year is Ant-Man and the Wasp which IMO looks incredible.  Plus, Spider-Man Homecoming 2 is the beginning of Phase 4.

damn seriously? wtf

I guess Ant man will be ok.

8 minutes ago, AlucardViDracul said:

So am I getting this right. I gotta be a DSP fanboy in order to use this site. Huh well then. 

In @StateTheUnstated's eyes, I guess so.

8 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

damn seriously? wtf

If you haven't heard, Kevin Feign is planning on doing at least 20 more MCU films.

19 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

damn seriously? wtf

Well Marvel doesn't do 5 films a year lol 

They only do 3 lol 

And Venom is Sony's shit project 

8 minutes ago, StateTheUnstated said:

Well whatever. Have a ball here.

Anyway, Ant-man doesn't look to interesting, honestly I think its going to be garbage. Captain Marvel im not too excited for yet, I have to see a trailer or something and i don't even know why they are making a Spiderman 2 movie since he's dead. I guess the movie is going to take place before Infinity Wars but knowing how he dies im not really looking forward to him being "The neighborhood Spiderman". I would need to see a trailer for that one too.

Nope its after Infinity War 

They already revealed that 

And their making a sequel cause it made $880 Million Worldwide 

3 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Well Marvel doesn't do 5 films a year lol 

They only do 3 lol 

And Venom is Sony's shit project 

Dude, don't talk to him (@StatetheUnderstated), he's an asshole troll that really doesn't know what he is talking about.

18 minutes ago, StateTheUnstated said:

Anyway, Ant-man doesn't look to interesting, honestly I think its going to be garbage. Captain Marvel im not too excited for yet, I have to see a trailer or something and i don't even know why they are making a Spiderman 2 movie since he's dead. I guess the movie is going to take place before Infinity Wars but knowing how he dies im not really looking forward to him being "The neighborhood Spiderman". I would need to see a trailer for that one too.

Did you like the first Ant man? That one was pretty good, so this sequel can't be that bad.

12 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

There was a video recently of the spider man actor going around to hospitals visiting kids with cancer, he's a cool dude.

2 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Did you like the first Ant man? That one was pretty good, so this sequel can't be that bad.

There was a video recently of the spider man actor going around to hospitals visiting kids with cancer, he's a cool dude.

OMG, the first Ant-Man was amazing.

Tom Holland does seem like a classy guy.

Anyways, stop talking to him, he's doesn't belong here.  The mods need to ban his ass now.

Spider-Man 2 is highly regarded as one of the all time great comic book movies  and I happen to be one of the many people that actually likes Spider-Man 3.

Edited by MDCFAN101

52 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Spider-Man 2 is highly regarded as one of the all time great comic book movies  and I happen to be one of the many people that actually likes Spider-Man 3.

*cough dont forget the game*

also @StateTheUnstated sorry to burst your bubble but Spider-Man gets brought back to life.

24 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

*cough dont forget the game*

also @StateTheUnstated sorry to burst your bubble but Spider-Man gets brought back to life.

Dude, spoiler much.  BTW, his ass got banned a while ago by the mods.

Edited by MDCFAN101

11 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Dude, spoiler much.  BTW, his ass got banned a while ago by the mods.

oh, i dont see how that's a spoiler, besides as State said 3 weeks that a movie is out, it's fine to give spoilers away :)

2 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

oh, i dont see how that's a spoiler, besides as State said 3 weeks that a movie is out, it's fine to give spoilers away :)

Fine. 

6 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Anyway Deadpool 2 was great 

I hope I see it this weekend.

I was wondering if Seraphim17 knew about air wall pins on GmGoW mode, looks like he made a video about it. Don't know how much he used it in the guide, though.

Fairly good demonstration to show how easily you can tackle the first GmGoW encounter that serves as a hazing for many, until you learn how things work on the mode. It's good if you have space and some launchable enemies but I wouldn't call it a catch-all. Also, it doesn't work on all surfaces. Trees and the flat walls work best in this particular area. The variant where you let the launched enemy land on the ground and set off an ice explosion can also be useful. 

Edited by KingBunghole

13 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

When the mods come back, can someone tell them to get rid of @StateTheUnstated, and @RegularFan because they seem trollish as fuck as far as I am concerned.

You'd be banning the truth; bad idea. But hey, it's the norm here. Annnnnd State was banned. Shame.

Edited by RegularFan

Still progressing in GmGoW. Just killed the gatekeeper in Helheim and I'm now on my way back to Midgard. Magni and Modi is still the best non-Valkyrie boss encounter so far. Unlike Agni and Rudra, however, you have to kill them nearly simultaneously in order to get credit, or the other will revive with a bit of health. Magni is easier to chip away at, but I like to target Modi where I can, as he can be more troublesome to save last with his shield. 

I wish there were an option to create build presets, so as to encourage swapping. With armor having up to three enchantment slots per piece, it would be nice to have different builds for different situations without having to remember or write down the exact composition of each one. My Magetos build is still using the Grip of Tannigiost (I don't exactly count on the lightning perk, but it's a good complement to my runic build) and the Talisman of Unbound Potential. But he's now level 5 with the runeweaver set I got from Thamur's Corpse (enchantments also favor runic but trying to up the luck stat a bit to get extra XP/hacksilver and extra chance for perk activation), and with that and a bunch of skill upgrades, I can certainly see the difference. Story encounters still don't compare to some of the optional encounters you can undertake when underlevelled or without convenient skills. I just got the BoC, so that's relatively underlevelled, but I now have the skill tree for everything else nearly complete, save for Hunter-Killer III and stance change attacks in the Leviathan Axe tree.

Atreus having fully upgraded shock arrows is still an excellent help for crowd control. Now I can worry less about Nightmares harassing me while I deal with others. Just fire off the chain lightning and do what needs to be done. However, I do find myself swapping between light and shock arrows more often than I did on normal. A lot of YTers I've seen flat-out prefer shock arrows, but the weaken status effect of light arrows can be a nice complement to my runic build in certain encounters. For instance, I can weaken a troll and fire off Wrath of the Frost Ancient to do considerable damage from a distance. I also occasionally switch Atreus' melee armor for sharpshooter armor. Summon-wise, I'm not sure if I want to main Storm of the Elks again. It might be even better now that I have a runic build, but I'm trying to experiment more. Bitter Squirrel level 3 is helpful to use between fights for a free rage refill, but as expected, the cooldown is pretty long.  

I'm also swapping out runic attacks far more often than I did on normal, getting a better feel for the pros and cons of each one. Still haven't tried the radial ice attacks much (Fury of the Ice Troll and Strike of Utgard), but many of the other attacks have been helpful in different situations. In the light category, there's Charge of the White Bear for I-frames, knockback, and decent crowd control, Leviathan's Wake for quick and good damage, moderate splash if you aim it right, and excellent knockback for certain foes (grunts go flying), and WoTFA for some mini-bosses and ranged frost damage. The heavy category has even more stuff going on, but my least favorite one is still Frost Giant's Frenzy... I'm sure there are good situations to use it in, but the dedicated animation makes me feel vulnerable whilst using it. For instance, you can use it on a stunned Ancient for a shit ton of damage (probably among the best attacks I can use with my build when they're in that state), but in other cases, trying to mash attack for full damage is asking for retaliation. 

Wonder if I can make max level Blessing of the Frost useful for Valkyrie fights. 

Edited by KingBunghole

Damn I totally forgot that Hyrule warriors was out today on Switch, downloading it now. I've never played it but I'm aware it has hundreds of hours of content.

Still need to play through Tropical freeze too.

I'll be pretty busy until tomorrow though since I've got to clean my whole place in preparation of my cat arriving.

36 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Damn I totally forgot that Hyrule warriors was out today on Switch, downloading it now. I've never played it but I'm aware it has hundreds of hours of content.

Still need to play through Tropical freeze too.

I'll be pretty busy until tomorrow though since I've got to clean my whole place in preparation of my cat arriving.

1. have that on Wii U with all DLCs.

2. almost finished with it, on the boss of World 5.

still playing BOTW.

2 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

1. have that on Wii U with all DLCs.

2. almost finished with it, on the boss of World 5.

still playing BOTW.

But you don't have the 3DS version that has new story content and more worlds with gameplay improvements that Fire Emblem Warriors has :P

7 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

But you don't have the 3DS version that has new story content and more worlds with gameplay improvements that Fire Emblem Warriors has :P

yes, i do lol, and tbh that port runs worse.

Ignore my previous comment about Frost Giant's Frenzy. It's probably best paired with an appropriate status effect or time slow. 

Just beat Kara, one of the few Valkyries I remember by name and shtick from normal mode (there's Kara, Sigrun, and Gondul). She's the red Valkyrie who summons helpers and has ranged glaive and feather attacks. Decided not to use Blessing of Frost since there were too many distractions around. Pretty basic tactics here. Started off the battle with light arrows, Leviathan's Wake, then the heavy axe return attack followed by a few light strikes. Once she started her summoning shtick, I would use River of Knives to occupy the lot of them and hopefully hit her too. Watched out for the ranged attacks. Dodge the glaive, block the golden feathers, parry the scythe overhead. Once again, mostly ignore the helpers and let Atreus summon Storm of the Elks for crowd control. Used my talisman to recharge my magic and repeat the previous tactics, mixing in Pride of the Frost when she was open. Also, rage mode for giant boulders. 

Now I'm travelling around the Lake of Nine to see what I can unlock with my hel wind ability. 

Edited by KingBunghole

I watched a playthrough of A Way Out today, amazing co-op adventure game similar to Heavy rain. I feel like if Phil and Rambo were still a team that would have been one of their best playthroughs to date. Really sad to know we'll never get to see that.

Spoiler

The final sequence was 10/10 especially if you're close to the person you're playing the game with. That was a real Brothers: Tale of two sons moment.