• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darksphere92

• KGhaleon

• sateler96

• MDCFAN101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i just watched Phil's Final Fantasy 15 video. Does Phil hate Final Fantasy or does he just not do much research when he makes these types of videos? "There's been a lot of drop off in quality

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

​First troll account, not even mad.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Uh, no they're not.  That's bullshit.

And how does that picture prove your "reason" for hating cats.

I was responding to one of Kghaleon's earlier messages (maybe I should have quoted it so you get the context).

He said

"Raising a cat is hard work. I come home and she looks upset, so I drop some fresh food down and she just walks away. I pet her and give her attention and she ignores me. Cleaned her litter box a day early. Ignored. I let her outside for a bit to roam and try to win back her affection and FINALLY she returns and eats her food. Demands hugs. Fuck kitty, give me a break.

That aside, I grinded my Octopath party so everyone is level 70+ for the superboss. Guess I should fight it soon and get my ass kicked."

But yeah - I still hold the opinion that cats are not very good pets. I much rather have a dog as a pet.

Holy mother of god, it took me like 3 hours but I managed to beat the true final boss of Octopath traveler. You have to fight 8 bosses without saving before even getting a chance at him, and each phase probably took me an hour as well with all 8 of my party members leveled up with proper gear and skills. I'm so happy I finished off this game in such a dramatic fashion. D:

WP_20180818_003.jpg

Finished "So You've Been Publicly Shamed" by Jon Ronson, a book relevant to anyone who's followed an online shaming with interest and/or participated in it. Have you followed the stories about James Gunn or Filip Miucin recently? Reading this is an apt follow-up. 

The book uses a number of case studies, many on Twitter but not exclusively so, to suggest that while social media pressure has sometimes been a force for good, often our responses to online "transgressions" are not proportional to the perceived offense. This has been magnified by the rise of social media, where one person motivated by righteous fury might not seem like much, but when it turns into a mob, that often results in great consequences for the offender. Ronson borrows the analogy of a snowflake not feeling responsible for an avalanche. 

Ultimately, I think his case is persuasive, but I already thought going in that social media shamings often do get out of hand. Just for one relatively harmless joke, people can get fired from their jobs. Getting back on their feet (whether it's people who seem genuinely repentant and want a second chance, or those who committed no great offense in the first place) then becomes a nightmare because their online presence is so tarnished. To the shamers, it just feels like the right thing to do in the moment, but it also creates a climate where people are careful not to be too risqué with their jokes, lest they be targeted by some oversensitive dickweed (to be clear, I'm not against all social media pushback, but this book outlines case studies of people getting fired over relatively trivial matters).  

Also, I started reading Grit by Angela Duckworth. It's a reminder that IQ alone isn't destiny--grit (or stick-to-itiveness) is another important factor in success (though I'm not sure yet how much Duckworth is going to value it against IQ). I'm reminded, amusingly, of Rock Lee's whole "genius of hard work" schtick, though Kishimoto seemed to abandon that thought later on in favor of god gene characters dominating the playing field. 

I definitely recognize the value of grit when it comes to playing games on their hardest difficulties. I'm under no delusion that I'm top tier in terms of natural skill, but I dislike admitting defeat and try to learn from my failures. I pick up the slack by learning more about how the various mechanics work, rather than playing more skillfully with tactics that everyone else uses, and that's often what gets me through those modes.

Speaking of which, need to get back to that GoW self-imposed challenge. That's testing my grit...  

Edited by KingBunghole

Chanced upon some Dragon Ball Super manga leaks. Ultra Instinct Roshi stands up to Jiren.

Also, thought I could handle some super-spicy wings at my local rib place, since I could handle the 2x spicy Buldak. Nope. It wasn't as hard on my tongue (no need for three ice cream bars) but more pungent. And the aftermath was... a lot more worse. 

32 minutes ago, KingBunghole said:

Chanced upon some Dragon Ball Super manga leaks. Ultra Instinct Roshi stands up to Jiren.

Also, thought I could handle some super-spicy wings at my local rib place, since I could handle the 2x spicy Buldak. Nope. It wasn't as hard on my tongue (no need for three ice cream bars) but more pungent. And the aftermath was... a lot more worse. 

Are you excited for the upcoming movie?  It features Broly.

6 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

I think lego needs to hire this guy

35,000 pieces.  Damn.  Maybe they should hire him.

Picked up Tides of Numenara on PSN for $9 this weekend and played it tonight. That opening was really surreal, lot of similar vibes already to the original Torment with the Nameless one.

The story seems intriguing, with it set a billion years in the future. Couldn't help myself and built a Tank character instead of going full in on intelligence and charm, hope it doesn't ruin too much of the story for me.

• Like 1

*tests out GoW new game plus*

*sees BoC on Kratos' back from the start*

*skips opening cinematic*

...Okay then. Looks like I didn't give SSM enough credit. Oddly enough, when I first looked at the menu, Kratos briefly appeared to be level 6, but then climbed back to 7.75. Also, Atreus' weapons/summon, armor, and skill tree menus are locked. 

Apparently, enemies start at level 7. I guess I'll be checking this out in addition to my self-imposed challenge. 

Edit: New Atreus armor and Kratos shield (cosmetic) granted for NG plus. Armor combines Legendary Fighter (melee bonuses) and Legendary Runic (healthstone aid, faster Atreus recovery, and status effect bonuses). Atreus' stuff is unlocked soon enough, but you're stuck with light summons at the start (light Storm of the Elks seems better?) and no ability to switch elements yet. Guess they don't want players getting past certain Metroidvania progression barriers too fast, but they could have just made the elemental arrows available for combat and also prevented them from breaking those barriers. 

Lots of Skap Slag to collect but can't use it yet. Got a level 7 enchantment with 13 strength and 5 luck. Early encounters are fairly easy to cheese with a full skill set, even with the additional threat level. First troll fell down fast with time slow and Mists of Helheim cheapness. Caught some explosive Draugr turning up where they hadn't before. Haven't noted the talk of new AI behaviors yet.

Edited by KingBunghole
17 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Picked up Tides of Numenara on PSN for $9 this weekend and played it tonight. That opening was really surreal, lot of similar vibes already to the original Torment with the Nameless one.

The story seems intriguing, with it set a billion years in the future. Couldn't help myself and built a Tank character instead of going full in on intelligence and charm, hope it doesn't ruin too much of the story for me.

Nah you'll be fine, it's probably better to be a tank anyways. Your side characters can handle all the non-combat skills, and it won't play into the story narrative as much.

But like I've sid before, make sure you've closely scoured each area and completed all the missions there before you move on to the next area, because you cannot ever return.

Great game tho. Well worth playing. I'll be interested to find out what you think about it as you progress.

28 minutes ago, thatanonymouse said:

Nah you'll be fine, it's probably better to be a tank anyways. Your side characters can handle all the non-combat skills, and it won't play into the story narrative as much.

But like I've sid before, make sure you've closely scoured each area and completed all the missions there before you move on to the next area, because you cannot ever return.

Great game tho. Well worth playing. I'll be interested to find out what you think about it as you progress.

Good to know, I remember you couldn't revisit some places in Torment too.

Hey, Hat in Time got announced for the Switch today. Really good game. Also DLC coming in September next month.

48 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Good to know, I remember you couldn't revisit some places in Torment too.

Hey, Hat in Time got announced for the Switch today. Really good game. Also DLC coming in September next month.

I was thinking about getting a Hat in Time it looks great 

Not even shitting you, somebody contacted me claiming I'm an animal abuser and linked me to this.

Wow, for one it appears these guys still stalk my posts. Two, that's not even my cat. It's a random picture I posted unrelated to my other post. You can reverse lookup images, but these guys are clearly too dumb for that.

Creeps aside, new Hollow knight GodMaster DLC comes out thursday. I've been hearing it may have additional difficulty modes but haven't seen anything confirmed.

Dark souls trilogy was also announced today, but I assume it just consists of DS1 Remaster, the DS2 remaster and vanilla DS3.

3 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

Lipjan? Never heard of him. Sounds like a mendacious idiot.

Anyways, it's good that Dark Souls Switch has a release date now. I'm not happy they lied for so long that it was coming out in the Summer, but whatever.

You may as well just buy the console version, it'll probably have way better framerate. There's a reason they delayed the Switch release.

I need to get started on Okami next.