The King of Hate Forums

Random Thoughts 4.0

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I think you're missing out on a key factor here.

In 2017, the occurrence of marathons were solely based on funds raised on Patreon. If we didn't raise enough, the event didn't happen. So in effect, YES, in 2017 the Patrons were paying for games to be in a marathon.

In 2018, I changed things up based on viewer feedback. Marathons now happen based on SUB GOALS, no Patreon goals. In fact, my Patreon support has greatly dwindled this year as a result of this change. If we hit the sub goal, the event DOES happen. Then, as a SPECIAL THANKS to those who have still remained patrons despite the changes this year, I allow $5 Patrons to nominate and vote on games for the events. But there's zero guarantee of anything: your game might not be played, your game has no length of time promised, and I may not like said game. Why? Because everything is now based ON THE STREAMS, which is exactly the changes I was asked to take into effect this year by the viewers.

You can't have it both ways. When everything was based on Patreon, I was told I was missing out on growth opportunities on Twitch. When I turned everything to Twitch viewers, I was told that I'm neglecting Patrons. In essence, what happened was this: the stream viewers HATED both Silent Hill Shattered Memories and The Conjuring House/The Dark Occult and wanted me to move on from these games EVEN FASTER than I actually did. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that when you want to keep engagement during an event, you go with what your stream viewers are telling you.

So no offense to those who may have pledged to see a specific game played - but you're completely off base, and living in the past. I purposely changed up the way I do special events in 2018 BASED ON YOUR FEEDBACK to avoid issues like this. And yes, it IS entitlement if you actively have ignored all of the changes, which were made very public, and are still on here complaining about them nearly a year later. And if you make multiple threads in multiple areas to be over dramatic "saying goodbye" because you've been SO slighted by this, then I think you're really beyond help at this point.

You hit the nail on the head there. Eagerly awaiting an argument to counter this. I don't think there will be one though outside of "It's my opinion".

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darksphere92

• KGhaleon

• sateler96

• MDCFAN101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i just watched Phil's Final Fantasy 15 video. Does Phil hate Final Fantasy or does he just not do much research when he makes these types of videos? "There's been a lot of drop off in quality

​First troll account, not even mad.

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

Posted Images

@Phil

@Nich2440

This is very simple. 'WOOF' understood that for the pledge, he/she would get at least 2 hours of gameplay of a certain game, whether Phil likes it or not. However, Phil, understands that he is not obligated to play 2 hours of the game, even if chosen by patrons, as he said on his comment: "But there's zero guarantee of anything: your game might not be played, your game has no length of time promised, and I may not like said game."

This is the issue. So, to prevent this, Phil, just state that the chosen game by patrons may not get played for x hours, it may get played less. Once you do this, you won't be having these problems, since it would be in plain and simple text.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Amityville said:

You hit the nail on the head there. Eagerly awaiting an argument to counter this. I don't think there will be one though outside of "It's my opinion".

Is this something wrong with having opinions? I think your under the false impression that I'm trying to argue that Phil is in the wrong. I'm not. I'm simply having a discussion. Now please shut up. You're being annoying.

3 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

@Phil

@Nich2440

This is very simple. 'WOOF' understood that for the pledge, he/she would get at least 2 hours of gameplay of a certain game, whether Phil likes it or not. However, Phil, understands that he is not obligated to play 2 hours of the game, even if chosen by patrons, as he said on his comment: "But there's zero guarantee of anything: your game might not be played, your game has no length of time promised, and I may not like said game."

This is the issue. So, to prevent this, Phil, just state that the chosen game by patrons may not get played for x hours, it may get played less. Once you do this, you won't be having these problems, since it would be in plain and simple text.

Well if he expected 2 hours opposed to one then that's his problem. I think that's a bit too much to expect considering 5 games were being played.

ultimately this should probably be taken to general, dunno why people are talking about it in random.

Since there's only two months left of the year, what games will you be playing?

11/6: The World of Final Fantasy Switch version comes out this week so I'm definitely going to pick it up since I never finished the Vita version.

11/9: Tetris effect is now on my list of games to play after trying the demo this weekend, just purchased it last night and it's $5 off right now($35).

11/9: Spyro trilogy, though I haven't decided if I'm going to pick it up. Looks like it might be a fun platformer.

11/14 Fallout 76 even though everything I'm hearing about it seems questionable. I might still try and do a solo run.

11/16: Civilization 6 has a Switch port coming out that I'm interested in.

11/16: Pokémon: Let's Go, dunno how big of a game this is going to be but looks interesting.

In December this is about all I'm interested in right now...

Smash Ultimate: 12/7  (World of light mode looks awesome)
Borderlands 2 VR: 12/14

43 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

ultimately this should probably be taken to general, dunno why people are talking about it in random.

11/6: The World of Final Fantasy Switch version comes out this week so I'm definitely going to pick it up since I never finished the Vita version.

11/9: Tetris effect is now on my list of games to play after trying the demo this weekend, just purchased it last night and it's $5 off right now($35).

11/9: Spyro trilogy, though I haven't decided if I'm going to pick it up. Looks like it might be a fun platformer.

11/14 Fallout 76 even though everything I'm hearing about it seems questionable. I might still try and do a solo run.

11/16: Civilization 6 has a Switch port coming out that I'm interested in.

11/16: Pokémon: Let's Go, dunno how big of a game this is going to be but looks interesting.

In December this is about all I'm interested in right now...

Smash Ultimate: 12/7  (World of light mode looks awesome)
Borderlands 2 VR: 12/14

RDR 2 and Fallout 76.

People need to realize that F76 is not a main entry but an experimental spin off. I am not saying that the game is perfect, but some people are just acting willfully stupid thinking that it is Fallout 5. However, the lack of npcs, and the constant threat of someone fucking with you is a negative.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

People need to realize that F76 is not a main entry but an experimental spin off. I am not saying that the game is perfect, but some people are just acting willfully stupid thinking that it is Fallout 5. However, the lack of npcs, and the constant threat of someone fucking with you is a negative.

I know, been watching streams lately from Oxhorn. He's streaming it right now even. Even if there's no story I could probably find satisfaction in exploration.

20 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

My main concern with Fallout 76 is 99% of the players you encounter will likely be the shoot on sight type. At least if you join up with me only to stab me in the back and take my loot I can say it was an interesting encounter.

I hear you, but I have been playing since the beta was available for the X1, and I haven't ran into any hostile players. Yesterday, I saw one "Wanted Murderer," but he wasn't near me. However, I am not saying that you are wrong that someone could stab you in the back.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:21 AM, WOOF said:

Going to severely dial back my use of this forum, I mostly stuck around because I am a patron, but since I won't be much longer, doesn't seem much point in posting, when there are around only 10 regulars but good people who post on here like Sateler96, MDCFan, KGhaleon, SilentWarrior, Nich, Darksphere, LastRambo even the resident patrol squad Amityville/ThatDogGuy etc Phil is lucky to have you guys on here, otherwise this forum would be a desert wasteland, I will post if something major in the bizarre world of DSP happens, unless I tell the truth pi** off Phil and get banned since I wouldn't be a Patron anymore, anyway take care everyone and peace out. 

It was a pleasure knowing you WOOF!

48 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

I hear you, but I have been playing since the beta was available for the X1, and I haven't ran into any hostile players. Yesterday, I saw one "Wanted Murderer," but he wasn't near me. However, I am not saying that you are wrong that someone could stab you in the back.

is the beta open for anyone? How is it without a traditional story?

30 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

is the beta open for anyone? How is it without a traditional story?

I don't think so. I think you have to pre-order.

The story is usually told through the Holotapes, notes , and terminals. Anyways, I care more about gameplay, so I wouldn't be the right person to ask about how the story impacts my experience. However, like I said earlier the lack of NPCS is definitely felt.

I was sitting here eating Sushi and my cat begs for some, so I gave her some pickled ginger. She turned up her nose in complete disgust.

34 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

However, like I said earlier the lack of NPCS is definitely felt.

At least it makes sense. Yours is the first vault to open.

26 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I was just curious if the real players replaced the NCPs but that also implies that online players can tell a story richer then an emote or teabag. That's what I'm skeptical about.

I'm imagining being killed by DericktheSaiyangod who proceeds to teabag my corpse. Such lore, such story.

Edited by KGhaleon
5 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

if a PC port of this will be coming out i will play it.

Was watching some Fallout 76 streams, seems there are robot vendors that you can buy and sell to.

Also out of curiousity I booted Tetris effect earlier and realized you don't have to play it in VR. It works perfectly fine without the headset.

14 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

@Phil

@Nich2440

Good post. It should be a non-issue to begin with tho. 

Looks like WOOF! took his ball and ran home. 

Edited by ThatDogGuy
  • Like 1
On 11/2/2018 at 9:21 AM, WOOF said:

Going to severely dial back my use of this forum, I mostly stuck around because I am a patron, but since I won't be much longer, doesn't seem much point in posting, when there are around only 10 regulars but good people who post on here like Sateler96, MDCFan, KGhaleon, SilentWarrior, Nich, Darksphere, LastRambo even the resident patrol squad Amityville/ThatDogGuy etc Phil is lucky to have you guys on here, otherwise this forum would be a desert wasteland, I will post if something major in the bizarre world of DSP happens, unless I tell the truth pi** off Phil and get banned since I wouldn't be a Patron anymore, anyway take care everyone and peace out. 

Good riddance.