The King of Hate Forums

Random Thoughts 4.0

6 minutes ago, TubeLube said:

One thing i'll never get about Switch owners.. Why do they all get so excited about old games being available on the system. Warframe for instance, its been out for over 5 years lmao. Why are you excited? They should port over Minesweeper, I would like to see the over joyous reaction to that.

Who cares if it's old? As long as the games are good it makes the library better. Yes if you already own the game on another system then you have no reason to get excited but it's great for people who have never played it before and prefer the Switch.

• Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darksphere92

• KGhaleon

• sateler96

• MDCFAN101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i just watched Phil's Final Fantasy 15 video. Does Phil hate Final Fantasy or does he just not do much research when he makes these types of videos? "There's been a lot of drop off in quality

​First troll account, not even mad.

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

Who cares if it's old? As long as the games are good it makes the library better. Yes if you already own the game on another system then you have no reason to get excited but it's great for people who have never played it before and prefer the Switch.

Oh yeah I keep forgetting the Switch is for super casuals. More than likely a super casual gamer probably hasnt played a free-to-play shooter from 2013.

Edited by TubeLube
11 minutes ago, TubeLube said:

Oh yeah I keep forgetting the Switch is for super casuals. More than likely a super casual gamer probably hasnt played a free-to-play shooter from 2013.

You're also forgetting it's a handheld. You couldn't play warframe on the go before. It's not that big a deal but there will be some people who like that.

2 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

You're also forgetting it's a handheld. You couldn't play warframe on the go before. It's not that big a deal but there will be some people who like that.

Yeah you could, its called a laptop. And you could play it for more than 3 hours.

Edited by TubeLube
36 minutes ago, TubeLube said:

Yeah you could, its called a laptop. And you could play it for more than 3 hours.

True. But what if you have a desktop and not laptop? Or maybe your prefer something you can hold in your hands? The same solution doesn't work for everyone.

True. But what if you have a desktop and not laptop? Or maybe your prefer something you can hold in your hands? The same solution doesn't work for everyone.

Yeah ilI get it. But unless desperately want to play Mario games and other super casual games while completely hindering yourself with performance, graphics, multitasking ability, game library and etc etc etc, then ya the Switch is for you.

13 minutes ago, TubeLube said:

Yeah ilI get it. But unless desperately want to play Mario games and other super casual games while completely hindering yourself with performance, graphics, multitasking ability, game library and etc etc etc, then ya the Switch is for you.

I think the game library is fantastic for a handheld system. Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are incredible games. Plus it has Skyrim my favorite game of all time which I can now play again after giving away my 360. Plus I like how the system is just about games and no bullshit apps. I could care less about multitasking.

The only thing about the Switch that I have issue with at the moment is that the joy cons suck. It will occasionally control itself without me touching the analog stick. I need to buy the controller now.

I think the game library is fantastic for a handheld system. Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are incredible games. Plus it has Skyrim my favorite game of all time which I can now play again after giving away my 360. Plus I like how the system is just about games and no bullshit apps. I could care less about multitasking.

The only thing about the Switch that I have issue with at the moment is that the joy cons suck. It will occasionally control itself without me touching the analog stick. I need to buy the controller now.

Thats good. Glad you enjoy 2 out of the 5 games that 90% of Switch owners play and Skyrim thats been out forever. The Switch just isnt for me. Handful of good exclusive games, the rest is just re-releases and remakes even though its been out for almost 2 years. Controls suck. No thank you. I have way better options out there.

4 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

Cant wait for a GBA port of Skyrim

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TubeLube said:

One thing i'll never get about Switch owners.. Why do they all get so excited about old games being available on the system. Warframe for instance, its been out for over 5 years lmao. Why are you excited? They should port over Minesweeper, I would like to see the over joyous reaction to that.

Because the Switch release is new.

Jeez man why are you so antagonistic toward everyone? Get over yourself.

26 minutes ago, AlucardViDracul said:

I had to work on thanksgiving.... It was ok. I guess. People asking me like they got u working today. To myself thinking 
"Not thanks to you. If u werent hear shopping I would prob be off with my family instead of dealing with this mess."

That sucks. I showed up to work yesterday and found noone was there. Apparently everyone was off that day.

1 hour ago, Nich2440 said:

Also the game has been redone several times and is nothing like the original release. They also still release content like the Fortuna update recently so it's not like this game is oudated or not worth talking about anymore. Hell FF14 just got a new expansion announced.

20 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Because the Switch release is new.

Jeez man why are you so antagonistic toward everyone? Get over yourself.

Yea but its a new release of a very old game and they are only doing it to artificially expand thier third party library. Im not being antagonistic, I apologize if you're intimidated by my comments. I like the Switch. Its just not something I would buy because of the lack of games even though its been out for almost 2 years.

Edited by TubeLube
18 minutes ago, TubeLube said:

Yea but its a new release of a very old game and they are only doing it to artificially expand thier third party library. Im not being antagonistic, I apologize if you're intimidated by my comments. I like the Switch. Its just not something I would buy because of the lack of games even though its been out for almost 2 years.

But how many great exclusive games did Xbox and PlayStation have at launch? I'd argue that Bloodborne was the PS4's first major system seller. That was also two years into the console's life cycle. Nintendo on the other hand has several of great first party exclusives already.

Remember your comparing the games of a 2 year handheld to 5 year old consoles.

You guys fuss about exclusives too much. Most people like the Switch for the mobility. I can't exactly take my PS4 with me everywhere.

I'll be taking my Switch with me for Christmas again this year, since everyone enjoys multiplayer games like Jackbox on it. Always fun to destroy the nephews at Mario kart.

If my plane has wifi you can bet I'll be playing Warframe for 6 hours.

34 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

But how many great exclusive games did Xbox and PlayStation have at launch? I'd argue that Bloodborne was the PS4's first major system seller. That was also two years into the console's life cycle. Nintendo on the other hand has several of great first party exclusives already.

Remember your comparing the games of a 2 year handheld to 5 year old consoles.

Very wrong. Though it may seem mediocre now Killzone was definately a system seller exclusive and it was a launch title. The first year the PS4 had 15-20 exclusives. The Switch as far as system seller exclusives has Zelda BOTW (which isnt an exclusive because you can get it on the WiiU) Mario Odyssey, Smash Bros.... And thats it as far as system sellers. 3 exclusive system selling games after 2 years is pathetic not to mention one of them is on the Wii U.

And im not comparing the PS4 to the Switch where they at right now. Im comparing the PS4 at 2 years and the Switch at 2 years and its obvious what was way better at the time. And I still dont understand why the thing is still $300 when you can get the other two consoles for that or cheaper and they have bigger & better libraries.

14 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

You guys fuss about exclusives too much. Most people like the Switch for the mobility. I can't exactly take my PS4 with me everywhere.

I'll be taking my Switch with me for Christmas again this year, since everyone enjoys multiplayer games like Jackbox on it. Always fun to destroy the nephews at Mario kart.

If my plane has wifi you can bet I'll be playing Warframe for 6 hours.

I travel alot and in my travels ive only seen one kid with a Switch and he was hugging a charger. Everybody else has tablets or laptops. Me personally I have a Surface tablet with a dock to sit it on top of a controller. I have my Steam games and a whole library of Nintendo Wii games on standby if I want to play Mario. Oh and lets say I want to brows the internet, i donthave to pull out another device i can oause the game and multitask properly. THE SWITCH DOESNT EVEN HAVE A PROPER INTERNET BROWSER. WTF? 

There is absolutely no reason to own a Switch unless you want to deprive yourself of performance and play the 5 games you cant play anywhere else for 3 hours until it dies or you find a plug. No thank you.

But enjoy your hardware.

Edited by TubeLube
2 minutes ago, TubeLube said:

I have my Steam games and a whole library of Nintendo Wii games on standby if I want to play Mario.

There is absolutely no reason to own a Switch unless you want to deprive yourself of performance and play the 5 games you cant play anywhere else for 3 hours.

But enjoy your hardware.

The Switch is far lighter than your laptop. I don't even travel with laptops anymore when tablets are far cheaper.

There's hundreds of games on the Switch, more than I will ever have time to play so it doesn't matter if you have a huge library of steam games, you're not playing them all.

Speaking of, the Eshop has a Black friday sale right now with over 200 games discounted. I have some more to add to my SD card.

17 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

The Switch is far lighter than your laptop. I don't even travel with laptops anymore when tablets are far cheaper.

Pretty sure I said Surface TABLET.

22 minutes ago, TubeLube said:

Me personally I have a Surface tablet with a dock to sit it on top of a controller. .

Yup. I did.

17 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

There's hundreds of games on the Switch, more than I will ever have time to play so it doesn't matter if you have a huge library of steam games, you're not playing them all.

Speaking of, the Eshop has a Black friday sale right now with over 200 games discounted. I have some more to add to my SD card.

Options. I could run a session of Fallout if I wanted, I could play GTA V. I can play almost any game I could at home on my computer. I have played all of the games in my steam library because I bought them. And I have the option to play them on the go.

You're really pulling on straws if your mentioning the eShop. The eShop is full of garbage and you know it. It is a meme at this point.

726121675_Screenshot_2018-11-23-01-30-402.thumb.png.62da1fe66c5dbbc7b96d0b8e93fd15e8.png

Unless you want the few classics released on older systems then its worthless. I got emulators for that.

Im not even trying to bash the thing, its just some Switch fanboys like to pretend its the best mobile device to have. No. No its not. The thing doesnt even have a proper internet browser and it dies quickly. You paid $300 for the Switch to play the 5 Mario/Zelda games thats on it and whatever they decide to port over after several years of the games initial release is fine with you. Just say that. 

Edited by TubeLube
10 minutes ago, TubeLube said:

You're really pulling on straws if your mentioning the eShop. The eShop is full of garbage and you know it. It is a meme at this point.

Ok now I can't take you seriously at all. You're going to call the eshop garbage when Steam has more shovelware than anywhere else on the internet?

There is a huge library of games worth playing on the eshop, you don't know what you're talking about and clearly don't own a Switch.

Speaking of tablets and Switches, 400GB microSD cards are on sale for cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-400GB-Adapter-SDSQUAR-400G-GN6MA/dp/B074RNRM2B/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1542909500&sr=1-1&keywords=400gb+micro+sd+card

Edited by KGhaleon
16 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Ok now I can't take you seriously at all. You're going to call the eshop garbage when Steam has more shovelware than anywhere else on the internet?

There is a huge library of games worth playing on the eshop, you don't know what you're talking about and clearly don't own a Switch.

No. Ive played with the Switch for several hours because a friend had one then sold it when he realised it was worthless. I will never own a Switch. Steam does have its own pile of garbage but at least I can navigate through the garbage. The eShop not only has a ton of garbage but the shop itself is made badly. Oh you'll see new games pop up but unless you know a specific game or app is in the eShop, you're never going to find it. Theres alot of expensive garbage mobile games you can find on iOS but Nintendo is charging $15 for them. No thank you.

Im not the only one that knows the eShop is garbage I just showed you article after article talking about how terrible the eShop is. You dont have to take the truth seriously but at the end of the day its still the truth.

Edited by TubeLube