The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

12 hours ago, Caboose said:

That game is showing the signs of a classic AAA flop, but we will see.

Flop? Let's hope for the Anthem devs sake, it doesn't.

Edited by musicboy

Went back to RE2 last night and got to the sewer bit with the alligator, jesus that was scary. Not sure I like how they changed it but I suppose in both versions you were just running away from it.

Bought a $900 piece of furniture this morning that I didn't really need. Somebody needs to manage my finances because I can't give af about it.

Also just saying, but Woody's little speech was great in the Toy box world. He's a toy but still the realist character.

wood.jpg

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Like 1

I have to say, the final boss in kingdom hearts 3 was very challenging for me and plus I forget to add curaga to my command menu. I had cura instead but I told myself lets keep it and fight the final boss but I beat it. Took sometime though. Plus I played it standard difficulty which was a challenge for the first time playing it for me. 

Fortuna update came out today for Warframe, that's a damn fun open world ice planet. Giant spider robots are cool too.

Also got my copy of Etrian odyssey Nexus today. Last Etrian game on the 3DS...end of an era.

The box was bigger than the usual 3DS case. (not my photo)

DysTOnFUcAABWG3.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 2:13 PM, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Wow! I just watched it dude. It was fun. Aquaman won. Lol!

I will agree with the hosts, some comic book stories, and back stories, are really creepy and weird. Lol!

Edited by musicboy

I finished KH3 tonight, that last world left me speechless. Tied up so many loose ends from multiple games.

Spoiler thoughts:

Spoiler

Seeing Roxas, Axel and Xion get reunited brought the tears out. I honestly never thought we would see them together again.

Terra/Lingering will showing up to kick ass caught me off guard. Definitely the badass character of the KH series. Again I thought he was dead forever after BBS. Also shocking that he was The Guardian this whole time...I really didn't see that plot twist coming. It was great to see that Trio get reunited as well for the final battle. Roxas had the best entrance though.
Sora and Kairi shipping was unexpected. I'm not sure how Sora ended up in Tokyo in the secret ending however.
There's some missable cutscenes in the Final world where Sora is trying to piece himself back together. You can meet Namine and another mystery girl there, not sure if that was supposed to be Xion or maybe some girl that Axel knew in his previous life?

The mobile game characters were pretty cool to see, that whole scene with the keyblades (Dandelions) in the graveyard coming to life to help Sora and co. take down that huge boss was epic. That battle as well as all the battles after it where you fight all of Organization 13 was great.
Going into the past to fight Xehanort in Scala ad Caelum and the battles there were amazing. Pretty fun aerial boss fights.
I was a bit sad to see the epilogue bits with the Foretellers showing up along with Luxu being a sequel tease with the black box.

I'm in post-game now, so I'm going to beat all the battlegates next to unlock all the secret reports. Will try my hand at the optional bosses too once I'm at an adequate level.

Edited by KGhaleon

On 2/6/2019 at 2:01 AM, KGhaleon said:

Fortuna update came out today for Warframe, that's a damn fun open world ice planet. Giant spider robots are cool too.

Also got my copy of Etrian odyssey Nexus today. Last Etrian game on the 3DS...end of an era.

The box was bigger than the usual 3DS case. (not my photo)

DysTOnFUcAABWG3.jpg

I'll check out that Warframe game, one of these days.

Cool! You got Etrian Odyssey Nexus. I haven't played it yet. But how far did you reach in the game?

Edited by musicboy

8 hours ago, musicboy said:

I'll check out that Warframe game, one of these days.

Cool! You got Etrian Odyssey Nexus. I haven't played it yet. But how far did you reach in the game?

It's free to try, so no reason not to.

I only played an hour or so of Etrian since I've been going through other games this week. I made it to the first real dungeon and got a game over pretty quickly. So it retains the difficulty of prior games. (played on expert which seems like the normal difficulty) That game has a million character classes...pretty overwhelming.

Today I went through a bunch of the battlegates in KH3 post-game. Beat the first ten or so... the one for the Toy story world was easily the hardest so far. Even with moogle coin that was super tough until you manage to take control of a mech. I'll finish the others this week for the secret reports as well as beat all the optional Gummi ship bosses.

Next weekend is the free RE2 ghost DLCs and Far cry New Dawn.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Like 1

I noticed Phil played one of my favorite survival games(Subnautica) recently. Going to be honest though, stream was ok until he reached the point where the Aurora blows up.

First streamer that I've ever seen who ignored the cool explosion. I dunno why but that makes me upset to see someone ignore that cool moment.

Like holy shit you spend most of the game resource hunting and exploring the ocean, and you ignore one of the few cinematic moments where something awesome happens.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:46 AM, KGhaleon said:

I noticed Phil played one of my favorite survival games(Subnautica) recently. Going to be honest though, stream was ok until he reached the point where the Aurora blows up.

First streamer that I've ever seen who ignored the cool explosion. I dunno why but that makes me upset to see someone ignore that cool moment.

Like holy shit you spend most of the game resource hunting and exploring the ocean, and you ignore one of the few cinematic moments where something awesome happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWJL70-TN0Q

That's one pathetic explosion, he didn't miss anything.:mellow: You can always watch some youtube clowns overreacting to it if that makes you happy. :blink:

7 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWJL70-TN0Q

That's one pathetic explosion, he didn't miss anything.:mellow: You can always watch some youtube clowns overreacting to it if that makes you happy. :blink:

Looks like you already enjoy watching clowns like Jack.

5 hours ago, Darksphere92 said:

Jacksepticeye is not a clown.

Well I guess you can be wrong about one thing.

Anyway, huge Nintendo direct today. Lot of games I'm really anticipating now like the Link's awakening remake and Mario maker 2. I can't believe Rune factory is still alive.

20 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Anyway, huge Nintendo direct today. Lot of games I'm really anticipating now like the Link's awakening remake and Mario maker 2. I can't believe Rune factory is still alive.

Lots of games but not many are new and exciting. As I said in my thread, they love making the same game over and over.

I agree Jack is a clown but that is also one lame "explosion". If thats the most exciting thing in the game, its a game I would be better off skipping.

Edited by Treasureditch

32 minutes ago, Treasureditch said:

Lots of games but not many are new and exciting. As I said in my thread, they love making the same game over and over.

I agree Jack is a clown but that is also one lame "explosion". If thats the most exciting thing in the game, its a game I would be better off skipping.

Yeah hunting for resources is so much better than checking out a starship explode. If he skips the sunbeam event that will be the worst and someone should just delete his hard drive because that one affects the story.

I dunno I enjoy the Switch ports especially if it's games I haven't played before or remakes that desperately need to be redone like Link's awakening, might as well be a new game at this point since it's been 15 years. FF9 just got released today and lots of demos are up so I might check out Daemon X Machina

38 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

I dunno I enjoy the Switch ports especially if it's games I haven't played before or remakes that desperately need to be redone like Link's awakening, might as well be a new game at this point since it's been 15 years. FF9 just got released today and lots of demos are up so I might check out Daemon X Machina

Links Awakening need to be redone? I would rather have something new than a Funkopop version of a game thats 25 years old? Assassin's Creed III was an announcement. A game from last gen is announced. The nest thing announced is the second version of a level editor. I dont get it he hype, especially has mad other IP's they can make games from. Paper Mario? Donkey Kong? No where to be seen.

52 minutes ago, Treasureditch said:

Links Awakening need to be redone? I would rather have something new than a Funkopop version of a game thats 25 years old? Assassin's Creed III was an announcement. A game from last gen is announced. The nest thing announced is the second version of a level editor. I dont get it he hype, especially has mad other IP's they can make games from. Paper Mario? Donkey Kong? No where to be seen.

If you're expecting BOTW quality, you're gonna have to wait a few years. I'll settle with a smaller Zelda for the time being and Link's awakening was a great game back in the day. I wonder if that really long fetch quest will still be in the game? XD

As far as new titles most of the announcements today were new games. We have Platinum's new game Astral chain which looks dope, new Bloodstained footage, Daemon X Machina with a demo, mario maker 2 announcement, Rune factory 5, Bayonetta 3, dragon quest builder 2, Square's new RPG Oninaki, new Yoshi game and some other stuff I cared less about along with DLCs. This year is looking great.

Not sure if I'll buy Dragon quest 11 again, though the 8 bit mode looks awesome and the Captain toad DLC might be worth while depending on the price.

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-13-2019/

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

If you're expecting BOTW quality, you're gonna have to wait a few years. I'll settle with a smaller Zelda for the time being and Link's awakening was a great game back in the day. I wonder if that really long fetch quest will still be in the game? XD

As far as new titles most of the announcements today were new games. We have Platinum's new game Astral chain which looks dope, new Bloodstained footage, Daemon X Machina with a demo, mario maker 2 announcement, Rune factory 5, Bayonetta 3, dragon quest builder 2, Square's new RPG Oninaki, new Yoshi game and some other stuff I cared less about along with DLCs. This year is looking great.

Not sure if I'll buy Dragon quest 11 again, though the 8 bit mode looks awesome and the Captain toad DLC might be worth while depending on the price.

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-13-2019/

Nothing shown today I have any particular interest in. Maybe E3 will be better but it looks like there is still no reason for me to purchase the system. There are only 4 or 5 games worth buying the system for and im not gonna pay $300.00 for something thats just gonna collect dust for most of the year.

14 minutes ago, Treasureditch said:

There are only 4 or 5 games worth buying the system for and im not gonna pay $300.00 for something thats just gonna collect dust for most of the year.

Ok that's just ridiculous, I have 50 games installed on my SD card right now. I'm going to walk away from this conversation.

The footage for Jump force coming out today is laughably bad. I was hoping for a good fighting game but I don't think we'll be getting that. I seriously hoping that animation is getting patched before they release it.

1 hour ago, Treasureditch said:

There are only 4 or 5 games worth buying the system for 

Not according to the industry.

Both PS4, X1 and PC each have only 2 games worth buying the system for, correct?

The Switch isn't a good choice as a primary system. PC or PS4 would be much better for that. I would pick it over an Xbox One at this point.

It is a good complimentary system if you already have a PC or PS4, especially if playing games away from home is useful for you. If the game is on Switch + anything else, you'll probably want it on the non-Switch system unless you just really want to play it outside the house. Personally I have all systems and 99% of my gaming is on PC, next is Switch (exclusives/portability,) then PS4 (exclusives).  I can't remember the last time I turned on my Xbox One.

Is the Switch the best gaming system? Absolutely not. Is it shit? Absolutely not. The Switch is a pretty good system with a decent selection of games that becomes a great one if playing away from home is important for you.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:51 AM, VashBash said:

I wouldn't be caught dead with it outside my house.

That's just stupid. I really hope that you're just trolling or being hyperbolic because to not play a Switch in public, where people have long been accustomed to seeing others using personal electronic devices for entertainment, because of some imagined knock to your reputation among strangers is one of the dumbest things I've heard in awhile.

• Like 1

You listen to Phil too much if you think Switch is a bad system, holy shit. You might have been correct during the first year after release.

So Ghost survivor's is out today, free DLC for Resident evil 2. Just got done playing the different scenarios and holy shit it's difficult. There's entirely new enemies. The Pale heads are a nightmare

I went a bit overboard last night and cleared RE2 again with Leon A Claire B in one sitting.

Just beat Dark inferno in KH3 just now. Surprisingly not that difficult compared to super bosses from prior games as I was barely under level 60. Literally just spam attack, counter and heal. I didn't even have to use the Ultima keyblade, shotlock or magic. Guess now I just have the optional gummi bosses to kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_oJs0msxkA