The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's a bunch of shit. Just like the first LABO that didn't sell and is still overstocked at every single store. But Nintendo was dumb as shit, and invested a ton of money into the project, so they'll keep making them (Which is cheap, it's just cardboard after all) and pretend like someone actually is buying them.

It costs them nothing to make while it sells for $60, like a big AAA game. Their fanbase of manchildren and game critics loves it. Idiots think it's innovative and praise Nintendo as the best company ever. It makes them money and advertisement with zero effort, why should they stop making it... Even if there are millions of unsold ones, they still made lots of money.

14 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

It costs them nothing to make while it sells for $60, like a big AAA game. Their fanbase of manchildren and game critics loves it. Idiots think it's innovative and praise Nintendo as the best company ever. It makes them money and advertisement with zero effort, why should they stop making it... Even if there are millions of unsold ones, they still made lots of money.

Because. Nintendo. Idiots will support it regardless.

Just watched this 'Nintendo Labo' Youtube video, and their website. I don't think it's a good sign when a company decides to produce a cardboard accesory for their console, and make it as if it would enhance the experience with it. Perhaps if they tried to sell an actual boardgame, and then implement the console in some way, it would make more sense. But the worst part is the pricing, I can hardly imagine who woud buy that, and you know little kids will tear it apart eventually.

I just wanted to see the introduction of this product for the first time on the company. A bunch of people with a plain Power Point presentation trying to sell the idea of "simplicity", "thinking outside the box", "revolutionary" and "maximum profit", ending the reunion with a golf clap and the feeling of a work well done.

9 hours ago, VashBashII said:

Nah a little shorter.

Thank you for having my back.

Bro. I didnt even get banned. My posting privledges are on indefinite pause. All because I didnt agree with their opinion. Whatever. Im pretty sure i sparked conversation in this forum. I shouldnt of been "banned" because of "group-think".

Buddy. What the fuck is this:

What in the fuck Is this?

Are you excited about this @KGhaleon? Please tell me why in the fuck should I be excited about playing KNEX (not sure if you're old enough for that reference) or making pillow tents with Nintendo? With Playstation VR and Oculus Rift out there, you think anyone but children care about this?

Those pictures are previous Labo kits, not related to the VR kit.

Most of them are gimmicky though I would say the vehicle kit was the best one if you actually had to buy any. They are pretty much for kids.

Vehicle kit comes with an open world game that can easily take 5+ hours to beat. You can get it for $40 now too, so you get the most value for your $$$.

But hey, hot damn. DMC5 LPs are already going up today. Get hyped this game looks amazing.

Gotta let it out, gotta let it out. Gotta let it out, gotta let it out.

Here's my belated SSS no damage run through the demo, max brightness edition. I consider my DMC instincts severely atrophied, as there's not much fancy I-frame use or cancelling here, and my instant-revs (tap R2 at the right moment while swinging Nero's sword to power it up with fire) are inconsistent. Just doing what is needed for the rank, but... I feel I should be able to do better, given even more practice. 

I need to read up on Exceed timings again, as I recall that reading descriptions of the visual cues was helpful. Also, I was kind of a wuss against Goliath and didn't really get in there with enemy stepping and Caliburs. I feel like I'm Rocky in his fifth or sixth movie, trying to get back in shape for the game tomorrow. Not sure if I'll do a lot of recording as I fail. 

Of the three Devil Breakers in the demo, Punch Line is the most fun, especially when you dive into a bunch of downed enemies with triangle while riding your arm (nice style meter bump if you can dive into at least two while holding the button). The square ability works well too. I didn't use the circle ability much since it seems more suited for aerial foes or big ones. It sucks when you accidentally ride past your target and waste time and style, though. Overture is solid if not particularly inventive. One of the loading screen tips is that you can insert up to three bombs into an enemy for more damage, but I never tried that. I also saw in one of the trailers that you can interrupt Goliath's diving body slam with a well-timed claw smack. Gerbera is mini-Trickster with a side of Nightmare Beta and an Astro Boy style arm cannon. Its deflection ability could be interesting in the main game (also, it keeps reminding me of Gerber baby food, so there's that).

Additions like air taunting and revving while running are appreciated. 

Edited by KingBunghole

I've mostly avoided DMC5 spoilers, but I've seen thumbnails and video titles, so I think I have a general idea of how it's all going to go down. Michael Jackson Dante makes me smirk. 

I forgot to mention, the fact that Split is now RI + triangle + back (rather than forward) annoys my muscle memory, as it's the same input as High Roller. I'm guessing it was to make room for Nero's equivalent of Killer Bee, but it doesn't jive well with my intuition. Snatch being simplified to R1 + circle without directional input seems unnecessary other than just making it easier for newcomers. It would have been easier to aim Punch Line's rocket punch more precisely had this not been the case.

In the demo, SSS rank can now be achieved even if you take some damage, but you won't get the bonus. Various feats can also get you bonuses, and it doesn't seem like you have to pointlessly destroy objects everywhere for your rank like DMC4. Interesting, I suppose, in that the top tier will now be "SSS no damage" rather than being implied in the rank. The gameplay to look out for will be no damage anyway, so this doesn't affect me much. 

Downloading DMC5 deluxe now and watching some videos. Downward Thrust got called the fuck out for playing DMC5 on automatic mode (which makes the game do flashy combos for you) and still criticizing it as being button mashy in his conclusion. Has no idea what makes the genre replayable either. I haven't watched much of his stuff, but this is amusing. 

Edited by KingBunghole

Since I was away for a while, let me just say: Into the Spiderverse was absolutely worth the hype. Watched it twice in theatres and once on digital. Hands down the best Spiderman film and my favorite 2018 film that I can recall. Go see it if you haven't already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBunghole said:

Since I was away for a while, let me just say: Into the Spiderverse was absolutely worth the hype.

Yeah it was a pretty good movie.

I'm laughing hard at some of these clips from Day9's subnautica stream today.

9 hours ago, KingBunghole said:

Since I was away for a while, let me just say: Into the Spiderverse was absolutely worth the hype. Watched it twice in theatres and once on digital. Hands down the best Spiderman film and my favorite 2018 film that I can recall. Go see it if you haven't already.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is easily IMO Sony's best Spider-Man and Spider-Man related film since Spider-Man 2.  Glad you enjoyed it Bunghole.

5 hours ago, KingBunghole said:

I didn't really need to see more reviews, but she just has a pleasant voice... 

I dunno why I keep seeing Spherehunter everywhere all of a sudden. Just recently she released a mod for RE2 that changed the character model.

14 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

I dunno why I keep seeing Spherehunter everywhere all of a sudden. Just recently she released a mod for RE2 that changed the character model.

"she" :laugh:

2 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

"she" :laugh:

That's a girl's voice and avatar, so...

unless you're saying what I think you're implying.

26 minutes ago, Focus52 said:

KG,  that guy is

Yes, and it's true.. see the photos on istagram.

DuEmGw3VYAEiert.jpg

That Nico character from 'Devil May Cry 5' has a similar vibe to the mechanic girl from 'Final Fantasy XV'. And they have a similar accent as well.

Also...

2 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

That's a girl's voice and avatar, so...

unless you're saying what I think you're implying.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

DuEmGw3VYAEiert.jpg

*giggles*