The King of Hate Forums
Icureditwithmybrain

Random Thoughts 4.0

1 hour ago, TrashCanJuice said:

Then he say's if he moves into apartment, the internet will be shared so the quality of his streams will suffer. What? Never heard of paying for an internet service and it gets shared with all the other neighbors.

It's shared in the sense that most/all people living in the complex have shared bandwidth. If there isn't enough bandwidth and/or too many people are eating up too much at any particular moment, it will slow down for everyone for a time. 

That said, you can have good internet in an apartment. I used to stream/upload from an apartment and it was fine. I'd imagine it can vary greatly from complex to complex.

He goes into saying he wont have an office to set up his stuff up like the soundproofing. 

You can still do sound treatment (cutting out echoes, etc) in an apartment with the panels he's using now. Sound proofing would be a good bit more difficult I'd imagine and should only be necessary if he was somewhere there was a lot of outside noise which is very possible in an apartment. Unless his neighbors are very noisy all the time, the overall sound quality change would be unnoticeable by the vast majority of his audience.

3 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

Or course when they are already there he wants to make use of the time and show her places. It's understandable they want to make a little vacation out of it. No need to make a big deal out of it.

I dont have a problem with him visiting other places. I have a problem with the trips whole narrative changing. Go back and look at the Christmas video where he is talking about his parents. He said his dad has a heart condition and can barely move while his mother is going through some things too. Then come to find out they are working. Unless they are from Krypton, I don't see how work is possible under those conditions. So somewhere there is some misinformation.

People say all the time how shitty American Internet is. And when he moves into a rented apartment he has to use their lines and provider.

Im in America, many of the worlds top streamers are in America. As long as you have a reputable ISP, the internet is fine. Apartments usually have options when it comes to ISPs, and Phil is in Seattle, one of the most tech forward cities outside of Silicon Valley. Trust me, internet is not that big of problem as Phil is making it out to be.

The foam is against echo from the wall not about soundproofing.

Since he works from home he could be able to write off a bunch of living expenses from taxes.

Making it pointless right? There are soundproofing options for Apartments. As I said it really doesn't matter when you're crushing waterbottles into the mic.

Since he works from home he could be able to write off a bunch of living expenses from taxes.

And he still can't pay them. Sell the house, lower your price of living. He'll be alright.

2 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

It's shared in the sense that most/all people living in the complex have shared bandwidth. If there isn't enough bandwidth and/or too many people are eating up too much at any particular moment, it will slow down for everyone for a time. 

Even if this is true, what does it matter to DSP? He got big on Youtube in an apartment. He was streaming fine back then. Nobody comes to DSP for the quality, they come for the entertainment. As long as he's entertaining and the game is watchable, it doesnt matter.

2 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

You can still do sound treatment (cutting out echoes, etc) in an apartment with the panels he's using now. Sound proofing would be a good bit more difficult I'd imagine and should only be necessary if he was somewhere there was a lot of outside noise which is very possible in an apartment. Unless his neighbors are very noisy all the time, the overall sound quality change would be unnoticeable by the vast majority of his audience.

All utterly pointless if you regularly crush waterbottles into the mic anyways.

Edited by TrashCanJuice

10 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

@TrashCanJuice lol just turn off your brain :biggrin:

I know alot of fans do exactly this. They just watch the content and enjoy Phil's stream while avoiding his talks about money and problems. But its gotten to the point where every single stream is about money and its unavoidable. 

I wish I could turn off my brain, but what you're asking is for me to be purposely stupid. That I cannot.

15 minutes ago, TrashCanJuice said:

But its gotten to the point where every single stream is about money and its unavoidable. 

Just don't watch the prestreams then. 

3 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

Just don't watch the prestreams then. 

I cant even get away with that anymore because he regularly holds Chill streams at night which are pretty much extended prestreams with gameplay. The only time I can really watch Phil is at night nowadays.

Making it pointless right? There are soundproofing options for Apartments. As I said it really doesn't matter when you're crushing waterbottles into the mic.

All utterly pointless if you regularly crush waterbottles into the mic anyways.

The 'soundproofing' and the acoustic foam are obviously perpetually into effect; the 'water-bottle crush' is just a punctual wonderful experience, that only happens rarely, so this example is not ideal for your argument.

7 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

The 'soundproofing' and the acoustic foam are obviously perpetually into effect; the 'water-bottle crush' is just a punctual wonderful experience, that only happens rarely, so this example is not ideal for your argument.

Well if thats the only thing you found disagreeable after reading everything I said, im okay with it.

3 minutes ago, TrashCanJuice said:

Well if thats the only thing you found disagreeable after reading everything I said, im okay with it.

Yes, I don't have enough information to refute anything else you said, however, I think that you're speculating too much in some cases.

5 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon is out tomorrow, anyone know if those games are good?

As someone who's played all the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, I say they're good. No idea how the story would be for Chocobo, but I enjoy what I play. Good story helps a lot.

16 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon is out tomorrow, anyone know if those games are good?

I heard gamers and final fantasy fans, say that game series is nice. The older games that is. The series has also been known, for its cuteyness and storyline too. It's possible, this new installment might follow in the epic footsteps, of the original games. 

Gasp! Magic girl Shiroma, is in this game too? Cool!:smile:

Edited by musicboy

Nintendo had their Nindie event today, and it was followed by a sale on Indie games on their eshop. Some pretty good stuff in there, I grabbed Blaster master 2 and the Ancestrial edition of Darkest dungeon(I'm doomed).

• Like 1

@KGhaleon

Oh man! I forgot to watch that nindie event earlier. Guess I'll watch it tomorrow, on youtube.:tongue:

PS: Simmons from yovideogames, is playing/streaming Blaster Master 2 right now.:smile:

Edited by musicboy
  • Like 1

Haven't had as much time with DMCV as I'd like, but I suppose I'll try for some of the trophies next. Also some thoughts/neat things:

- You can EX-Act/Max-Act while doing Nero's air taunt

- V's cane can parry certain attacks

- According to the loading screen, the time slow bubble from Ragtime can slow bullets, then when they're released, they have the potential to cause multiple hits. Rawhide's Snatch does more damage, and the DT version can pull in staggered bigger enemies

- I wasn't using Punch Line to its full potential in the demo. The circle attack isn't just good for aerial/big foes like I assumed from the animation. Do it in right in front of enemies and you can launch them, then follow up with some hidden attacks (triangle plus forward, left, or right). This gives me more reason to enjoy Punch Line. Not straightforwardly boring but also useful at the same time, and quite fun to use for style once you get used to it (also, riding your rocket arm while using Hold on a helpless medium sized enemy is amusing imagery). Still my favorite Devil Breaker but I need to play with the others some more. 

- I wonder if I can get used to using Nero's new Buster Knuckle system intuitively while also using Exceed. It seems perfectly viable to play without using it, but it's also a free bonus if you do. It does feel similar to Exceed in a sense, but I hear there are differences like having more potential windows of activation, allowing you to use multiple knuckles in one attack. I suppose the punishment for mistiming is getting the regular Buster attack, with all its frames of vulnerability

Wonder how big the combo scene for this game will be. Not aware of huge combo exhibitions yet, but I guess players are still figuring things out.

Spoiler

I quite like this player's use of time bubbles to slow down falling enemies. Also, the timing for the final time slow and the enemy falling into the shoryuken was a perfect way to end it. 

A short Dante-focused one:

Spoiler

Edited by KingBunghole

2 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Nintendo had their Nindie event today, and it was followed by a sale on Indie games on their eshop.

So 90% of Switch games were on sale, nice.

• Like 1

So 90% of Switch games were on sale, nice.

Oh are you that same dude again with a new account name?

Going to start preloading Sekiro tonight if it's up.

"S-rank" being one homogeneous rank in DMC5 does confuse the matter a bit on YouTube if you're looking for "perfect" grades, in that it doesn't guarantee that you'll see every sub-section of a mission S-ranked during the final breakdown (or even contain any S rank at all for a sub-section), nor the no damage bonus. I'll have to make do. 

It's still weird how the ranking works in that it sometimes seems like you're doing well during a sub-section but only get A rank for that section overall or something. 

Also, instant revving applies to Nero's ground taunt too, the one where he points the tip of his sword to the ground and revs the handle. 

Edited by KingBunghole

30 minutes ago, KingBunghole said:

It's still weird how the ranking works in that it sometimes seems like you're doing well during a sub-section but only get A rank for that section overall or something. 

That goes both ways and for fights themselves sometimes. Sometimes I'll think I'm doing good in a fight/section but get a worse grade than I think I should, others I'm doing worse but seem to get the same or even better ranking. This is obviously even worse with V.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

That goes both ways and for fights themselves sometimes. Sometimes I'll think I'm doing good in a fight/section but get a worse grade than I think I should, others I'm doing worse but seem to get the same or even better ranking. This is obviously even worse with V.

One factor affecting section rankings is whether you miss optional fights. I remember playing the demo a few times and just running straight to the three Qliphoth tentacles encounter after the first fight, completely skipping the optional fight you can do to the right of that first fight, jumping past the broken road. That's a better fight to gain style points than wasting your time with the Qliphoth roots, I discovered, so some minor encounters are skippable but larger-scale optional encounters that can net you extra style should be played through. Same goes for V's first mission. There's an optional encounter you can miss if you don't summon Nightmare to break through a building and reveal an alternate path forward. 

Getting all the way to SSS rank during individual fights themselves is similar enough to past games and still easiest with Nero, I feel. Don't let too much time elapse as you're going from enemy to enemy and use attacks like Nero's Streak or Snatch to keep the offense going. If you see enemies bunched up together and can think of an attack or combo that will hit them all simultaneously, try it out (for example, the Nero ground combo C where you pause after two strikes then press melee four more times, Nero's Maximum bet for long range and Nero's Showdown for close range). Just try to vary as much as possible and not kill things using the same monotonous combos. Use taunts when the opening is safe (air taunts are safer). Try using Ex-Act/Max-Act as Nero but don't beat yourself up if you don't get it right every time (though you'll probably get a better feel for certain attacks if you start habitually tapping rev with different timings during your sword strikes--the Void is a clearly a safer place to practice this). If your character has a gun with a charge up function, what some experienced players like to do is hold charge as they're playing the mission to keep it on reserve, then only release charged shots as needed for a decent style bump and damage. It can help to remap your gun to one of the triggers or bumpers (I use L1 myself). 

I probably still have a lot to learn with V myself, but again, it helps to map Griffon to one of the shoulder buttons to make it easier to control him and Shadow simultaneously. What threw me off at first was realizing that the directional commands always apply to V himself, not to the pets themselves. So if you want to dive bomb with Griffon, you press forward and attack according to where V is, not where Griffon is. Also, doing the actual command for backwards dodge or double jump will recall Griffon to you and cancel his assault, same for Shadow for side dodges. Avoid this when you want to dig in the offense. Do a regular jump instead unless you know they're going to take an inevitable beating if you don't recall them.  

The auto attack/attack more aggressively function can help take a load off your shoulders in terms of multitasking and seems to make decent decisions, but I haven't toyed with it too much. You should aim for combined assaults whenever possible and again, keep that variation going. So you could use forward plus triangle to charge an enemy with Shadow, then release your charged shot with Griffon. Then use a basic triangle, triangle, triangle with Shadow. Then dive bomb with forward plus attack using Griffon. Then during the last triangle with Shadow, hold it until you hear the charge up sound/see the visual cue, then release it for the Hedgehog attack. Get in an air taunt with V himself for more style points. Don't keep hitting enemies that can already be cane killed. Move onto the next target by pressing L3 while locked on. Basically always think a step or two ahead in terms of how you're going to vary your assault. Nightmare also helps a bunch, which is straightforward enough (unless you feel like jumping onto him and controlling him). Don't let him kill everything, though. Continue the assault with your other two pets while you're waiting for him to attack. If you have the Royal Fork upgrade (full circle analog, then circle) that helps to kill a bunch of vulnerable enemies that are reasonably close together.  

I did a S rank no damage run of the demo that's by no means perfect, but good enough according to the game to get an S in each section. 

Spoiler

Edited by KingBunghole

2 hours ago, KingBunghole said:

What threw me off at first was realizing that the directional commands always apply to V himself, not to the pets themselves.

Dammit, that explains a lot. I already dislike the character direction dependent input style of the DMC series and it was driving me nuts that I could rarely get those moves to work with V.  Now I know why at least.

With V I meant that you often get a really good score and don't know why. I've gotten S+ when it felt like I was mostly just spamming but lower grades if I actually try to be co-ordinated. 

Overall I liked the game a lot (best DMC game IMO) but I'd have preferred the game stick with 1 character, MAYBE 2. Or at least have you play through the campaign as 1 then give you the option to play as the others in the same campaign. I get that would mess with the story but let's be honest, no one really cares that much. I'd love to re-play and learn all the characters in-depth but I'm playing too many games right now; Dead by Daylight, Division 2, Path of Exile, Sekiro tomorrow, and Outward and Tropico 6 next week. 

Speaking of Sekiro.... I watched some streams today and hoooo boy does it look tough. I've already heard "Hardest From game ever" a few times. Going to be a bloody weekend.

EDIT:
Meant to mention; Nero's Ex-Act/Max-Act is why I like him so much. Getting the timing and watching/hearing the Maxed out moves (One.. Two... THREE!) is incredibly satisfying. 

Edited by VertigoTeaparty

What my Twitch looks like right now.

twitch.jpg

5 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Speaking of Sekiro.... I watched some streams today and hoooo boy does it look tough. I've already heard "Hardest From game ever" a few times. Going to be a bloody weekend.

I just want to know how it compares to Nioh, which is way harder than any of the Souls games.