The King of Hate Forums

Random Thoughts 4.0

1 minute ago, KGhaleon said:

Just played Sekiro for a few hours and wow. Game is incredibly fun and so far the gameplay isn't nearly as complicated as Nioh, though that first real mini-boss after the tutorial kicked my ass like ten times. Gotta learn how to get good again. There's also some big dudes with hammers that can just KO you if you don't dodge.

i should start playing it around Sunday Or Monday, depending on if my PC can run it.

• Replies 29.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darksphere92

• KGhaleon

• sateler96

• MDCFAN101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i just watched Phil's Final Fantasy 15 video. Does Phil hate Final Fantasy or does he just not do much research when he makes these types of videos? "There's been a lot of drop off in quality

The sad part about this post is that people like you actually believe it. You've deluded yourself into thinking that's how my mind works. Maybe when I first started on YouTube and didn't "get it," but

​First troll account, not even mad.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Sounds like Sony is going to start doing their own NintendoDirect-style shows

D2QoBVqX4AAWBbu.jpg

That's exactly what it sounds like, and it's also probably why most companies are going to skip E3. Why spend all that time/money for an in-person presentation and floor booth stuff when you can go digital, reach just as many people and avoid the chaotic mobs of a con? Because E3 has become a gaming con and less a press event every single year. So this is a good move for them, honestly.

I heard that in "Sekiro" you can only resurrect only one time, and then regain the ability by killing more enemies, but not immediately after. I wonder if that's why it's called: "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice".

By the way, what do people think about the 'no-death-fall' mechanic of the game?

Edited by MoraMoria
12 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I heard that in "Sekiro" you can only resurrect only one time, and then regain the ability by killing more enemies, but not immediately after. I wonder if that's why it's called: "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice".

By the way, what do people think about the 'no-death-fall' mechanic of the game?

I've heard there is fall damage, but you gotta fall pretty dang far. Not sure really.

Jesus, RSSLiam beat the opening area mini-boss on his first try.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

I've heard there is fall damage, but you gotta fall pretty dang far. Not sure really.

Oh, I was talking about when you fall into nothingness; in "Dark Souls" games it will kill you, but in "Sekiro" it will take a portion of your health and respawn you, apparently.

18 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Sounds weird especially for that type of game 

I assume that they designed it that way for the later parts in the game, where you'll be required to do more difficult platform jumps, (I'm not sure), but I think it takes some realism away from the game. I would've preferred that this game mechanic was incorporated into an 'easy mode', so you can choose not to have it.

6 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I assume that they designed it that way for the later parts in the game, where you'll be required to do more difficult platform jumps, (I'm not sure), but I think it takes some realism away from the game. I would've preferred that this game mechanic was incorporated into an 'easy mode', so you can choose not to have it.

True

So April will anime overload for me 

One Punch Man S2

Attack on Titan S3 - Part 2

Fruits Basket

Plus I'm still watching One Piece 

And then there's 2 more episodes of Mob Psycho 100 II

Plus many more anime I never seen before lel

Why did Phil stop using resurrection? Dies, immediately looks at chat, doesn't resurrect.

Tips for Sekiro:

• don't invest points in stealth
  • do some grinding for skills
  • don't run past enemies (like on the start), explore everything, try out your abilities
3 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

So this happened earlier. wtf man.

https://youtu.be/227vL0DAIE8

Phil's playthrough clearly shows the bosses know where you are after you attacked them, which you can see on the red dots.

The stealth on bosses in Sekiro is stupid. You are first forced to attack bosses stealthy, to save yourself from a tedious fight. Then stealth stops working, bosses always know where you are and you are forced to fight them head on. If you try to run away and lose his attention he just regenerates.

Edited by dsfan324
14 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

So this happened earlier. wtf man.

Wooah! That giant dude really wrecked him! Talk about a beat down! O_O

Something tells me, this game is kinda tough. This is definitely a game, that I want to play.

Hey KGhaleon, is that your youtube channel? Nice.

Edited by musicboy
8 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

I am confused. Is this the "GOTY" edition? Is there new content alongside the main vanilla shit?

If you know about Persona 4 Golden, then this is the same deal. New characters with new content, with some updates like graphic improvement. People were saying this is a female protagonist but I have my doubts. Main difference is that this girl is a 1st year while Ren is a 2nd year.

40 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

So I'm gonna have to buy it again your saying?

Unless it's sold as DLC, GOTY editions are sold as separate games.

I'm not really interested in playing through P5 again but if we had a new main like FeMC I'd be more interested.

haha, also spoilers.

20 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Unless it's sold as DLC, GOTY editions are sold as separate games.

I'm not really interested in playing through P5 again but if we had a new main like FeMC I'd be more interested.

haha, also spoilers.

I would like a Persona 3 and 4 remaster on PS4 I never got to play those 

heh, just reached the Butterfly boss in Sekiro.

Spoiler

I manage to beat the first form after several attempts, then it's revealed to be an illusion and I have to fight the boss again but now she's tougher and has ads. Oh jeez.

Also I finally got 4 of the prayer beads you need to increase your vitality and my vit went from 10 to 11.

What the ****, that's like 10 HP. Those beads took like 5+ hours to get.

4 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Let's see in the future, which game you'll like better: "Sekiro", "Nioh" or "Ghost of Tsushima".

Nioh's been out for 2 years. So replace that with Nioh 2 for this year.

Played quite a bit of Sekiro today and think I got fairly far, though I have no idea how long the game is. I just reached...

Spoiler

The giant bull asshat with the flames. Holy shit I have no idea what to do here.

4 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Let's see in the future, which game you'll like better: "Sekiro", "Nioh" or "Ghost of Tsushima".

About 11 hours into Sekiro, will be vague to avoid spoilers.  I got to the Butterfly and left as honestly the fight bored me a bit, will go back later. Got past the cow, got the armor break upgrade and that's where I stopped. 

Combat-wise, I don't think this game holds a candle to Nioh (Disclosure: Nioh is one of my favorite games of all time.)  You have like 5 weapon types, each with 3 stances which themselves have specific abilities/combos/etc. There's the Ki Flux mechanics, breaking enemy's stamina, etc., not to mention the magic and ninja tools.  There are abilities that allow you to parry, leap over, trip, and shove enemies around.  The deflect/poise (or whatever it's called) system in Sekiro is interesting and I enjoy timing my blocks but it feels like that's about 80% of the combat, excluding mashing R1. Sure you can do dodge counter-attacks, jump kicks (sometimes,) and the weapon stomp (sometimes) but the vast majority of the time you just block/deflect if you don't just R1 spam the enemy to death. 

The prosthetic is cool but having it use up those paper cut-out angels (that's totally what I think of every time I see them) makes me NOT want to use it except when I absolutely have to. They are cheap at 10 Sen a piece though so I guess I should just buy a shit ton and be done with it.

I will say that I think the death punishment system is trash. Losing half your XP/money when you die makes you not want to experiment or try anything risky, especially if you have a lot of either. Many times I've been close to a skill point and didn't want to risk it so I just go back to camp, heal, then farm until I finish that point. It's boring but to do otherwise is 100% risk with absolutely no reward. 

Overall I like the game and it's too early to pass judgment but there are some real head-scratching design choices. I'd say my favorite part right now is the bosses. Going toe-to-toe, trading blows, , using your prosthetic, etc., hearing the sounds of the swords clang and that satisfying effect you see and hear from deflections is awesome.  We need more of that and less clearing out 10 piss-ant grunts to get to that fun part.

I haven't honestly had an issue with the EXP, I'm getting plenty from killing enemies and I can get most of the upgrades I want if I just run through an area a few times. Losing half your money however is more noticeable and sucks, but you get quite a bit of coin from enemies. Clearing an area will generally net me between 500-1000. I also have a stockpile of those money items so I just save them for whenever I encounter a new merchant...new merchants always have a few things you definitely want. Like new upgrades, skills, dragonrot items, etc.

I got quite a bit further tonight and made some big progress. Spoiler:

Spoiler

Just reached the rematch fight with the dude that wrecks you in the opening. Died pretty quickly so I'll come back to him later. The whole Kongo temple area was pretty fun, with all the monks and monkey bastards. The freaking knight showing up made me laugh out loud, honestly hoping I see him again.

I also found a bell that optionally makes the game harder if you want it to be, lol.

5 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

The prosthetic is cool but having it use up those paper cut-out angels (that's totally what I think of every time I see them) makes me NOT want to use it except when I absolutely have to. They are cheap at 10 Sen a piece though so I guess I should just buy a shit ton and be done with it.

You can sorta do combos with your sword and prosthetic abilities. I really like Axe->Sword which is pretty strong and does a good bit of damage to posture. At the moment I'm using a Sword->Fist->Axe combo that's pretty rad.

There's also a whole skill tree for Prosthetic upgrades later if you don't have it.

I can do a whirlwind attack with my axe since I upgraded it.

6 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Got past the cow, got the armor break upgrade and that's where I stopped.

I don't remember a cow, only a Bull.