The King of Hate Forums
Deryu

Recommend a Movie

This thread is for recommending movies for other movie junkies. Saw a film that isn't so well known that was very good? Saw a good movie that was missed by the radar because of there were a lot of hype around other movies? Recommend movies here, old or new. Hidden gems or well known releases, but you just want to recommend them. You can do it here. For starters I recommend the following movies.

Old Boy (2003)

The Raid: Redemption (2011)

The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

12 Angry Men (1957)

City of God (2002)

Dead Snow (2009)

Dead Snow 2: Red vs Dead (2014)

Man you create a lot of topics D:

Watched Battle Royale recently, it's cheesy but still better than Hunger games.

A classic: Lawrence of Arabia (1952), one of my all-time favourite films.

And a recent, underrated release: Birdman (2014)

​8.7 for Birdman on IMDB?! Definitely will check that movie out.

• Upvote 1

Indiana Jones TRILOGY ;)... Not the last one ( Screw you Shia!)

​I dont blame Shia for that movie i blame Lucas and Spielberg for it

Cause Shia can be a good actor when he wants to be

​I dont blame Shia for that movie i blame Lucas and Spielberg for it

Cause Shia can be a good actor when he wants to be

​Not saying he's a bad actor at all. I actually think he's brilliant at times. Just not in this. Just my personal opinion :) can totally see the merit in blaming Spielberg and Lucas too hahahaha. Many people to blame for this movie

Best Sci Fi Horror movie ever made: Event Horizon. In my opinion anyway ;) Loved that Interstellar stole an entire scene from that movie with explaining the concept of a wormhole :) 

• Upvote 1

Watched Birdman it was wierd but that cool kind of wierd lol i love how it was Broadway and indie vs Blockbuster and poked fun inside of Keaton and Norton

And watched Selma i mean if you should watch this movie its fantastic schools should show this movie after DVD release

i will update this post once i watch American Sniper, Big Eyes and The Imitation Game

I recommend:

Major Payne: I absolutely love this movie and feel that it was missed by a lot of people.

Blankman: It's just so cheesy and such a weird premise, but I love it and feel that not many people actually have heard about it.

Big Hero 6: Just so fucking hype!

Lego Movie: I know this may sound kiddy, but I actually enjoyed it and I enjoyed the whole premise which is surprising because I didn't actually expect to like it so much, but people should definitely check it out.

Wreck-It Ralph: Go. Watch. This. Movie. I can not recommend it enough as it was just so good especially if you're a gamer, in my opinion.

Evil Dead(2013): I felt that this movie was creepy and spine chilling and I loved that. I have never seen the full movie of the original one, but if it's any good or better than the remake, I am completely sold.

Edward Scissorhands: This movie was just all in all, in my honest and not really the most popular opinion, Johnny Depp's best movie performance. I love the movie and really need to see it again.

Lost Boys: I know I say this a lot, but I really and I do mean really love this movie. It's got great characters(Kiefer Sutherland and the Corey's were phenomenal in this movie), great story, great gore, and it was just so charming for a movie I didn't really actually expect to enjoy as at the time I hated horror movies, but I really loved this one.

There's a lot more, but that would be like a whole page of movies. I'm not much of a picky movie guy.​

• Upvote 2

Best Comedic role Bruce Willies ever did, in my opinion. Some people hate this movie, and others love it... but you can't deny that it's FUN! :) 

For those who haven't seen it, I highly recommend this dark comedy.

Death Becomes Her

Death_Becomes_Her.jpg