The King of Hate Forums

Questions about Phil's rant on Twitter

So last night Phil posted a huge rant on twitter. Again. And it raised a few questions for me. Before I ask the questions I'll post the whole rant here so no one has to go looking for it.

1. How do you know they're mentally ill? Because they check your twitter feed and forums and then respond to it? If that's the case then so are your fans

2. How exactly are the SoK trying to ruin your life? I think you're grossly exaggerating there along with the mentally ill thing.

3. Not question, just pointing out that by your apparent definition of stalker every single one of your followers on twitter is also a stalker.

4. "When i was young, i was interested in fun w/friends, drinking, girls and living. Not stalking people full time. Thats the definition of ill" How do you know what they do outside of twitter and YouTube? If you do know that then that makes you a stalker, not them.

5. You can't stop people from seeing what you say on Twitter or your Forums or in YouTube videos. That is all public information. You can stop people from responding to it directly but not seeing it.

6. Obviously you haven't been ignoring them if you went on this tirade about things they've done recently.

7. Most importantly, what did they even do to warrant you going off like this? Seriously, just chill out.

Another thing, it's incredibly insensitive of you to throw around "mentally ill" and "sick in the head" like that. I know people with actual mental illnesses, they would be absolutely appalled to see you call internet trolls and critics "mentally ill". Calling them dumb or stupid for doing it is one thing, calling them mentally ill is another. 

• Upvote 11
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So last night Phil posted a huge rant on twitter. Again. And it raised a few questions for me. Before I ask the questions I'll post the whole rant here so no one has to go looking for it. 1. How

​The man's just asking a question. I've been watching these forums for a while, and it's refreshing to see something other than just blind praise. =)

Here's what I'm thinking, to which I'll also provide a simple solution that would be able to solve all of these problems: As Revan said, when someone is ranting they are at a weakened state. Say what

What is the point of this threat? Let the man move on and stop bringing back the negativity. Ugh

​Bringing back the negativity by posting about it? This just happened last night. If anyone is to blame for bringing back any negativity it would be Phil for going on yet another rant for no reason.

• Upvote 3

When someone does a rant, they are in a weakened moment and sometimes, they don't mean what they say or they do but its done out of proportion that the detractors take it as a full attention call, when it isn't, and it makes the one ranting look worse without ever wanted that in the first place. 

Honestly...I'd just disregard it and move one.

When someone does a rant, they are in a weakened moment and sometimes, they don't mean what they say or they do but its done out of proportion that the detractors take it as a full attention call, when it isn't, and it makes the one ranting look worse without ever wanted that in the first place. 

​Sure he might be in a weakened moment but that is why he should carefully consider what he is typing.Just take a minute to think about what he is saying and maybe he wouldn't look so bad.

• Upvote 2

​He has a history of such behavior, when I put my foot in my mouth or say something out of anger I try to learn from it so it doesn't happen again. All you are doing is enabling his obvious issue with anger management. 

• Upvote 4

Here's what I'm thinking, to which I'll also provide a simple solution that would be able to solve all of these problems:

As Revan said, when someone is ranting they are at a weakened state. Say what you want about Phil, whether you disagree or agree with him, sometimes, the pressure gets to us all.

However, as a society, we have to learn to control our emotions. We have to learn that when someone doesn't go our way, say we have detractors or people that don't agree with the way you do thinks, we can't just explode and say some things that we are going to regret. It may not be today, or even tomorrow, but after all is said and done, Phil may look back at his Twitter and say to himself, "I wish I handled things differently."

He needs to realize that he has the power to do such. If things aren't going your way Phil, don't look at the problem and yell at it, wishing it would just go away. Instead look at the problem and think of ways you can change in order to fully change for the better. You can't change others if you refuse to change yourself. Who knows? You may even prove your "detractors" wrong, leading them to have a newfound respect for you.

It all goes back to a simple ol' saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff". Twitter is small stuff, 140 characters or less. TIHYDP are small stuff, parody videos made to highlight you, which is protected under Fair Use. Some good, some bad, you might even think of it as free advertisement. Which, in fact, it is.

If you simply want to continue speaking your mind and being "the realest person on the internet", may I offer a simple change that can help you in the long run. Two separate Twitter accounts. One for business and only business, and one for anything "off the record". Mixing up the two into one Twitter account doesn't provide yourself with a good Twitter presence, which is what happened last night

I know it's a simple change, but you've got to be willing to do it. That's the thing to take from this Phil: It all starts with you.

• Upvote 9

The saying, "those who stir the shit pot eventually have to lick the spoon" comes to kind. (I said this before to a fellow forum member but someone deemed it deletable). If Phil would ignore it and stop feeding it, then he wouldn't have a problem.. Negativity begets negativity. You say it, they respond.. What else is there to learn? Just stop...

• Upvote 3

MORE fucking drama!

​With that type of attitude, it only breeds more drama.

Nevertheless, keep in mind that this is Phil's forum. Everything he says and do will be talked about on this forum. Whether it is something that you want to talk about, that's your decision. If you think it's not necessary, then simple move on. 

That will help cause less drama.

• Upvote 2

The saying, "those who stir the shit pot eventually have to lick the spoon" comes to kind. (I said this before to a fellow forum member but someone deemed it deletable). If Phil would ignore it and stop feeding it, then he wouldn't have a problem.. Negativity begets negativity. You say it, they respond.. What else is there to learn? Just stop...

Agreed but can you blame him? He gets poked about it every day. It gets hard to ignore it most of the time while taking in account his past. 

​You should be blaming Phil for bringing it up

​Even if its true, it doesn't help Che. I think if you guys gave him less flack, I believe there wouldn't be such high tensions between one another.

Agreed but can you blame him? He gets poked about it every day. It gets hard to ignore it most of the time while taking in account his past. 

Unfortunately, what you say and do comes back on you. Watch what you say and do, and it won't happen. No matter how long ago it was, it will be brought up. Especially if you don't acknowledge it.. The internet is everlasting..​

• Upvote 3

Unfortunately, what you say and do comes back on you. Watch what you say and do, and it won't happen. No matter how long ago it was, it will be brought up. Especially if you don't acknowledge it.. The internet is everlasting..​

​Not only that but they take too seriously whatever what was told in the past to the future. Like Minecraft for example.