The King of Hate Forums
BrickArts295

Batman: Arkham Knight Official Thread

I find it kinda funny that Phil is going to make a rant video about that GameStop review of batman even though he hasn't played the game yet. In other news I'm not really hyped for this playthrough but I'll watch the first stream to see if it's any good.

Only 22 dollars? Where? And is your pre-order for PC or PS4? 

PC, sale on G2A. Not really a fan of that site as they tend to be a bit shady and fuck over publishers, but considering how disgusting Warner Bros are with pre-order bonuses etc, I can live it this time.

I really find it hard to believe that this game has a weak story.I mean it's possible but I just don't believe it lol

The Batmobile segments being flaky I can believe,this was my main concern about this game tbh

Still super hyped and can't wait to play it,gimme them Riddler trophies :smile:

Edited by salvador

I find it kinda funny that Phil is going to make a rant video about that GameStop review of batman even though he hasn't played the game yet. In other news I'm not really hyped for this playthrough but I'll watch the first stream to see if it's any good.

Really? Where? On his TheKingOfHateVlogs YouTube channel?

I really find it hard to believe that this game has a weak story.I mean it's possible but I just don't believe it lol

The Batmobile segments being flaky I can believe,this was my main concern about this game tbh

Still super hyped and can't wait to play it,gimme them Riddler trophies :smile:

Ever since they first showed the batmobile gun turret segments I was like: ..please tell me this is not one of the main things and you have to do it a lot.. Guess what? You have to do it a lot according to the GameStop review.. 

@Wanglord True but still I didn't feel like it was weak or something,maybe a little short.Also I'm reading more and more about wasted potential with Arkham Knight and Scarecrow,I really hope that's just people's subjective feelings.Scarecrow is my No.1 villain(with Joker) so I have big hopes for his return

@Pizza Not only Gamespot says that so yeah seems like there's too much forced Batmobile gameplay(fighting tanks to be specific) and I'm not sure how I feel about that...

@Wanglord True but still I didn't feel like it was weak or something,maybe a little short.Also I'm reading more and more about wasted potential with Arkham Knight and Scarecrow,I really hope that's just people's subjective feelings.Scarecrow is my No.1 villain(with Joker) so I have big hopes for his return

@Pizza Not only Gamespot says that so yeah seems like there's too much forced Batmobile gameplay(fighting tanks to be specific) and I'm not sure how I feel about that...

I've actually avoided many trailers, gameplay etc. because these days I'm so tired of them spoiling too much about the game before I get to play it myself. It really ruins the experience. Joke is and always will be my no.1 villian. 

About the forced batmobile segments and that it's required to solve some puzzles.. I'm okay if it was only sometimes, but from my understanding, GameSpot says that it's a requirement and used way more than it is needed and feels like they relied too much on this aspect. Personally I hate forced game mechanics such as this in any game.. 

If they would have done it so that you need the batmobile to travel a lot around the city, like fast travel or just for some forced game segments to continue the story, heck, even some puzzles or something would have been more than totally fine, but given GameStops review it feels like the whole batmobile is a crucial and main aspect of the game, and I really really don't like the sound of that..

Ever since they first revelaed the batmobile and said that it is part of the game and showed it in a gameplay video my reaction has been: "uhh... okay but since when is batman about driving around shooting plastic bullets at cars and tanks etc.?" Batman's batmobile in any medium of the last 75 years has always been a "gadget" to save him, or getting him somwhere or do a 1 time thing, not a core aspect.. 

I don't know man, at first I was like: No way, I'm waiting for the GOTYE with all the DLC in a year. Then I was like: Maaaan this game looks so good, I really really want it, who cares about the GOTYE, get it now and enjoy! And right now I'm like: ...uhm no thanks, tons of backlog games to catch up too and by that time the GOTYE is out or the game is a lot cheape and their Season Pass is also on discount. 

Also how about that potential spoiler in IGN's review lol

If it actually is the truth and it looks like it might be then good job IGN,as always...

Whatever the spoiler is, don't say it here. I and other don't want to get spoiled, thank you :) 

I'm not gonna spoil because we don't even know if it's true.It just fits if you start thinking about.But no worries,if anything is written it will be hidden behind spoiler tag

Also I don't mind using Batmobile to do puzzles and stuff,I just don't want to be forced to fight those stupid tanks for God knows how long.Apparently there's a lot of them in the city so even if you're just driving casually you may have to stop and deal with them.But for now that's just speculation I guess

I'm not gonna spoil because we don't even know if it's true.It just fits if you start thinking about.But no worries,if anything is written it will be hidden behind spoiler tag

Also I don't mind using Batmobile to do puzzles and stuff,I just don't want to be forced to fight those stupid tanks for God knows how long.Apparently there's a lot of them in the city so even if you're just driving casually you may have to stop and deal with them.But for now that's just speculation I guess

I hope those tanks are avoidable, or only if you want extra XP. Please don't force me to have to destroy them eveyrtime they show up, please don't ruin the pacing of the game for me by doing this RockSteady! 

Just watched Phil's: My Take on The Batman AK Gamespot Review Debacle. A couple of things I don't agree with:

1. Did Phil just say that game journalist are not real gamers? Why? Care to elaborate on this? 

2. Recent reviews score by different journalists. I don't understand how Phil is thinking about this subject? 
Reviews are done by different journalists, therefore they all have different objective and subjective views of games and they give their score according to that. But according to Phil, the Editor's job is to make sure that the scoring by these journalist are balanced.. how?

If: 
- Journalist A gives Assassin's Creed Unity a score of 7 out of 10
- Journalist B gives Batman: Arkham Knight a score of 7 out of 10

And both of these have justified their scoring by pointing out the objectivity and subjectivity in their review - how is it the Editor's job and resposibility to change their scoring just to balance it..?

Basically Phil is saying that how can GameSpot give a broken buggy game such as Assassin's Creed Unity a 7 out of 10 and also give Batman: Arkham Knight a score of 7 out of 10 - because Unity has bugs and was broken and got a 7 and Arkham Knight does not have these issues but it still got a 7 too, the exact same score.  

But Phil, WE don't know if the reviewer of Assassin's Creed Unity experienced any bugs or glitches etc. Maybe he did experience faults with the game but did not mention them in the review. And since he did not mention any problems with the game - then I as a reader assume that (at the time when the review of this game was released) the game is not broken and works fine, and also that the game is receiving a justified score according to the reviewer's subjectivity and objectivity. 

Yes, IF the game was broken and it was mentioned in the review, then yeah I agree with Phil that the Editior should sit down with the reviewer and try to figure out the correct score together in order to give the game a fair and correct score hence the balancing that Phil mentions.

But like I stated above, we can only create an understanding of what we read from these reviews unless said otherwise. Therefore, I don't agree with Phil's "Editor need to balance the scoring of these games" in this instance - because it does not make any sense..

Sorry Phil, you have an interesting argument for sure, but not on these specific games and examples..  

My real issue with DSP's recent Batman video is that he once again is putting something in his head as to what to expect from the game so when the game does contain that, Phil already knows what is coming so to say. He knows what is controversial(I.E. Batmobile) and will have already had something jotted into his head as to what to expect. 

After reading comments on different sites(also here) I have to ask: I'm sorry but did people watch a different video than me?

I'm far from being a fanboy of Phil and criticized him often but I was of impression that he had a problem with BAK being a 7 while games like ACU being a 7 and LOTF being an 8.He clearly said that after reading Kevin's review he could see why he gave the game a 7.The video was about scaling reviews with other reviews

After reading comments on different sites(also here) I have to ask: I'm sorry but did people watch a different video than me?

I'm far from being a fanboy of Phil and criticized him often but I was of impression that he had a problem with BAK being a 7 while games like ACU being a 7 and LOTF being an 8.He clearly said that after reading Kevin's review he could see why he gave the game a 7.The video was about scaling reviews with other reviews

Yes, but read my post above, the examples. Phil's reaction of BAK being a 7 does not make much sense, in this specific case. 

So to get the "Real Ending" you have to do all side missions in the that involve catching all the Arkham villains.Which means you have to get all 240+ Riddler trophies/puzzles etc.

I don't have a problem with it because I do this every single time but I have a feeling people will be pissed...Including Phil ofc

So to get the "Real Ending" you have to do all side missions in the that involve catching all the Arkham villains.Which means you have to get all 240+ Riddler trophies/puzzles etc.

I don't have a problem with it because I do this every single time but I have a feeling people will be pissed...Including Phil ofc

You mean for Batman Arkham City? 

Hmm, from the requirement, my guess is that this "true ending" might be the same as Metroid Prime 3's 100% ending, where you just get a bonus scene to give slightly more closure. But then again, it might be the Donkey Kong Country kind with an extra boss, in which case it would be more of a bonus that most people are gonna get to in the post-game.

Edited by onorub

Started preloading it just now, it errored out on one of the dlc files and the main game was taking 15 hours to install until I reset it. Just going to twiddle my thumbs until tomorrow night.

I don't think the story in either Asylum or City was anything to write home about tbh. I played them for the gameplay, which was excellent.

The story in City is ridiculously short. You can literally speed run it in a couple of hours. I really want to see more meat in the main story for Arkham Knight.