The King of Hate Forums

Bloodborne Playthrough [a.k.a.: "Would you like some fries with that salt, Sir Dumass?"]

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will probably get warned and or banned,heck i'm sure I will have people attack me verbally like on youtube,but i;m going to give my opinion because it has to be said. I don't see the point in the pr

​Firstly you're making an assumption that some people wont enjoy that failure. (Which i'm sure many would especially in a souls game.) Second this could easily be remedied by just uploading few fails

​Whining and ranting because of some backseat gamers isn't gonna make things any better; in fact, you probably just opened up a can of worms from this and now you're gonna get a lot more people breath

Posted Images

How difficult is this game compared to Dark souls?

I watched some videos last night and this one guy just obliterated the bosses like they were nothing, hoping this isn't a really easy game. I dunno if he was just playing on a higher level.

• Upvote 1

It plays very differently to Demon/Dark Souls. You can't just hang back and hide behind a shield, the combat is very fast paced and you have to rely on parrying with your gun or rolling out of the way. Will take a while for Phil to adapt to the different style I think.

As for overall difficulty, I think it's comparable to Demons Souls. Some of the bosses have been easier, others not so much. The normal everyday mobs seem to be where the real challenge lies right now.

• Upvote 1

Really looking forward to more of this playthrough. Seems really interesting so far. I just hope that when he dies he doesn't get too upset that he will rush forward and make mistakes in the area. I think overall he is doing well.

Also, I thought this would be a good place to mention numbers for the premiere stream.

1557 stream viewers (That I had seen. This is an all time high)

298 Stream chat attendees - This is another all time high

Both those stats beat out the previous leaders during the YT streaming era which were set by the premiere stream of Minecraft.

^The viewer count was over 1600 at its peak I believe. Great news, though I wonder how many of them were here to see him fail. I've seen DSP's name crop up on NeoGAF a bit the past few days with people saying they were looking forward to the - and I quote - "salt mine" that is his playthrough.

First parts of the playthrough are now going live. Added part one to the original post.

^The viewer count was over 1600 at its peak I believe. Great news, though I wonder how many of them were here to see him fail. I've seen DSP's name crop up on NeoGAF a bit the past few days with people saying they were looking forward to the - and I quote - "salt mine" that is his playthrough.

First parts of the playthrough are now going live. Added part one to the original post.

​Thanks for the heads up. I didn't notice when it went over 1600. The only stream that I know of that was ever higher than that is PT. Whatever they are looking for doesn't seem like they are getting it yet. He has had some losses but it doesn't seem anything close to "salt mine" to me. I look at NeoGAF once in a while but didn't see his name come up. Kind of surprised that at this point in time that people are flocking just for a chance to see him fail at a game. He seems to be doing fine to me so far.

Watched a little bit of his stream and he seems to be enjoying the game so far. Aside from a few fails he hasn't completely raged though I'll admit the part where he got cornered on the later was pretty hilarious lol.

​Most hilarious part to me so far was definitely when he accidentally falls while trying to cut a rope

Phil's gotta be more patient when it comes to the gun parries in this game, as he probably would have been able to beat the second boss pretty easily. Alas the pistol isn't as good as the blunderbuss though, so he's slightly handicapped in that regard, but he still can beat the boss even with that gun. And he's got to be more patient and not run right into the boss' blunderbuss shots too.

Phil look for little,red lanterns that have smoke coming out of them.Usually there's an NPC next to them and one of them will help you with Father Gas.

Also when you're charging your heavy attack for a backstab,there's an invincibility period right after the flash so keep that in mind

Phil if you want camera to be slightly better disable camera auto adjust alot of those times you got stuck and camera fucked up will be alot less. 

Its in ds1 and ds2 and its a horrible thing to have enable no idea why the its on by default its horrible. 

Settings>Controls>Camera-Auto-Adjust 

• Upvote 1

Some annoyances in the Stream chat, but otherwise the stream was good yesterday. Phil's going to fail, but he also learn from it and adapt to the game.

He seems to like that trick weapon he got earlier. A bone saw I recall?

If I was only here for the salt, I would just watch the TIHDPs instead of Phil and that wouldn't be as enjoyable to me as watching his raw streams. That and the comments on those videos can be quite toxic.

That being said, this is gonna be a long playtrough..

Phil you are being a bit too passive and backing up too much like its dark souls, its best to dodge to the side if anything(better opening for attacks).You were so close thats all you needed to do instead of becoming over-leveled which makes the play through less fun to watch and cheapens it...Also the health regain system is something you should exploit more, great for dealing more damage and not wasting vials at the same time.

Is it just me or is Phil doing really well?

I watched a couple of livestreams and many people are doing worse at the game than him. Frash from VGA died to the first Werewolf 5+ times, and he could barely get through the first area without died repeatedly and blaming the game. Loophole, one of Phil's diligent haters, died repeatedly in the first area as well. XD

Is it just me or is Phil doing really well?

I watched a couple of livestreams and many people are doing worse at the game than him. Frash from VGA died to the first Werewolf 5+ times, and he could barely get through the first area without died repeatedly and blaming the game. Loophole, one of Phil's diligent haters, died repeatedly in the first area as well. XD

​Is it because Phil now has some experience with the souls series or help from the streamchat?

​Is it because Phil now has some experience with the souls series or help from the streamchat?

​Based on the first stream he did, more from experience. The chat did go crazy with trying to help, but most of the time, Phil was not looking at the chat and you could tell when people continued to tell him things to help and he never did them. Although there were a couple times that it was obvious that he saw the chat's help, people make it much worse than it seems.

Edited by SilentWarrior25
  • Upvote 2

I kinda wish he wasn't grinding this one. I haven't watched too far past his day one session as I'm playing myself but there's nothing more deflating than enjoying a playthrough and then Phil being able to steamroll everything because he levelled up about 40 times the night before. I understand why he does it, so he doesn't get stuck, but I don't think the Souls games require as much grinding as say a JRPG because a lot of it is based on actual player skill too. I have not once farmed blood echoes and ran into zero problems, as long as I keep levelling up regularly anyway.

But c'est la vie, the Souls playthroughs usually keep up their entertainment value even once he grinds, so maybe it's a non issue.

• Upvote 2

I kinda wish he wasn't grinding this one. I haven't watched too far past his day one session as I'm playing myself but there's nothing more deflating than enjoying a playthrough and then Phil being able to steamroll everything because he levelled up about 40 times the night before. I understand why he does it, so he doesn't get stuck, but I don't think the Souls games require as much grinding as say a JRPG because a lot of it is based on actual player skill too. I have not once farmed blood echoes and ran into zero problems, as long as I keep levelling up regularly anyway.

But c'est la vie, the Souls playthroughs usually keep up their entertainment value even once he grinds, so maybe it's a non issue.

​100 percent agreed. I get DSP can't keep dying since time matters a lot to him given he has a schedule he follows but it takes away so much from these battles. The father battle when he actually killed him was boring, especially when he used the music box. This was my biggest fear with this playthrough and grinding was the same thing that ruined the Final Fantasy X playthrough last year for me. The fact he had such strong magic and abilities thanks to grinding made the game ridiculously easy and Phil's commentary could not even save what (For me) was arguably DSP's most disappointing playthrough of last year. FFX was a game that didn't need grinding and seeing Phil overkill enemy after enemy just got boring where I just lost interest. 

I have yet to see a Tales of playthrough of his but I don't know why people would want DSP to try and play Persona, especially when he's just going to grind his way through that game and fuse stronger demons off camera. Its boring and those games take a lot of his time streaming and I LOVE Persona, I loved it long before it exploded onto the mainstream and love games like Nocturne, both the DDS series etc.

The way Phil plays JRPGs, its tough to get excited. It sucks. Its why I don't want Persona to win the poll and I love that game so much, easily my favorite of the listed. The way DSP tackles JRPGs, I have no hope that it will amount to being a great playthrough. With platformers, fighters and action games.....at least you have the element that you can't overpower your way through for the most part(Though R&C allows you to). 

so i'm guessing phil is doing well? i'm avoiding the playthrough like the plague including spoilers, was kinda hoping to see a rage quit because of how hard miyazaki was trying to make the game and knowing phil's gameplay style. Kinda disappointed if the game is easy

​The game's difficulty is being debated by a lot of people but it seems to be agreed upon that it is still difficult. It is sometimes considered "easier" than other entries of its predecessors but is still seen as difficult. Phil has been doing pretty well, I think. Especially during the first pass through the area before he racks up a few deaths. He only really seems to do worse when he gets a little frustrated which causes him to make a few mistakes he might not otherwise.

so i'm guessing phil is doing well? i'm avoiding the playthrough like the plague including spoilers, was kinda hoping to see a rage quit because of how hard miyazaki was trying to make the game and knowing phil's gameplay style. Kinda disappointed if the game is easy

​He's grinding on a nightly basis and leveling up so he is putting himself at an advantage in some aspect. 

EDIT: Sweet jesus he's level 42 already. 

well that's disappointing then, for a man claiming on interviews it'll be more difficult than the other entries to have the final build easier. I mean for a ps4 exclusive i'd expected hordes of enemies and insane deaths racking up. What a bummer. Definitely will still get it though if only the Collectors Edition would be available near me :(